PDA

View Full Version : I'd like guidance on devoting my life convert to krishna concious or mn temple

Mckeeveryancey75
31 December 2013, 07:29 PM
I'm 38 I'm an ordained minister Fromm ULC I've read and understand all of it what should I do

ameyAtmA
01 January 2014, 01:44 AM
Namaste

Please elaborate clearly on what the qn is .
What is "convert to krishna concious or mn temple" ?
Do you mean "Convert to Krishna Consciousness and join the association at the Minnesota Temple" ? If not, then what is it?

If so, the best thing to do is go to your closest ISKCON Temple, and talk to the resident devotees there or the pujaris (not visitors). They will get you in touch with a councellor, Bhagvad Gita class, invite you to lectures, arati and kirtan programs . They will guide you with a beginning practice and discipline.

Hare Kṛṣṇa

Devi Dasi
01 January 2014, 05:27 AM
Hare Krsna,

May I ask, do you have a Guru? Customarily one will make life decisions after consulting with one's spiritual preceptor whether in formal capacity as initiated disciple or as a seeker. In regards to taking up formal residence in a temple or ashram as a brahmachari or formal sannyas, one requires the guidance and spiritual direction of a Guru. Ordinarily persons don't make these decisions independently.

If you do not have a Guru, recommend you associate yourself with different temples, or if there is one to which you are inclined, particular Institute and contact them for such personal questions. Perhaps I have not understood your question properly.