PDA

View Full Version : Did Rishi Vishwamitra achieve enlightenment/moksha?

Martin
01 January 2014, 12:47 AM
Namaste all,

I was reading rishi vishwamitra's story about him fighting rishi vashishta, his rise to a brahmarishi and so on. But i have one major query:

Did he attain enlightenment? Is it mentioned in the scriptures that he attained enlightenment?

Hari Om

Sudas Paijavana
01 January 2014, 04:02 PM
Namaste all,

I was reading rishi vishwamitra's story about him fighting rishi vashishta, his rise to a brahmarishi and so on. But i have one major query:

Did he attain enlightenment? Is it mentioned in the scriptures that he attained enlightenment?

Hari Om

Pranam-s,

As per the Rig Veda, Rishi Vishvamitra Gathina attained amrita-m (proto-moksha). The mere fact that the Shri Gods revealed Vedic Hymns to Rishi Vishvamitra Gathina is proof that this illustrious Rishi attained amrita-m. In fact, the Gayatri Mantra (which even Krishna used to recite in order to meditate) is attributed to Rishi Vishvamitra Gathina.

Martin
02 January 2014, 01:43 AM
Pranam-s,

As per the Rig Veda, Rishi Vishvamitra Gathina attained amrita-m (proto-moksha). The mere fact that the Shri Gods revealed Vedic Hymns to Rishi Vishvamitra Gathina is proof that this illustrious Rishi attained amrita-m. In fact, the Gayatri Mantra (which even Krishna used to recite in order to meditate) is attributed to Rishi Vishvamitra Gathina.

Thank you Sudas Paijavana for this amazing piece of information..

savithru
02 January 2014, 12:44 PM
Namaste all,

Hari Om

Of course yes, he was the one who discovered the Gayatri Mantra. He attained this by the aid of Vamadeva who was sent by Vashishta to enlighten him.