PDA

View Full Version : Chidambaram gets control back.

Eastern Mind
12 January 2014, 10:25 AM
Vannakkam: On Jan. 6, the Supreme Court gave control back to the Dikshitars of Chidambaram.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/tamil-nadu/chidambaram-temple-to-be-managed-by-priests-sc/article5545264.ece

I hope this sets a precedent for stopping the government looting of our temples.

Aum Namasivaya

ShivaFan
12 January 2014, 11:11 AM
Namaste EM, great news! I hope the politicians and government bureaucrats have not yet looted all the treasures and artifacts and valuable temple donations that were located here over the decades. Om Namah Sivaya

Anirudh
13 January 2014, 02:02 AM
Thanks for sharing this news Eastern Mind. Although TN temples are well maintained in comparison, sanctity of temples were declining. Hope this change will rejuvenate that.

For instance, Madurai Meenakshi Temple has become a Shopping complex...

Omkara
13 January 2014, 02:05 AM
Subramaniam Swamy has won another victory for Hindus. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Eastern Mind
13 January 2014, 07:27 AM
Thanks for sharing this news Eastern Mind. Although TN temples are well maintained in comparison, sanctity of temples were declining. Hope this change will rejuvenate that.

For instance, Madurai Meenakshi Temple has become a Shopping complex...

Vannakkam: I've been to the Madurai temple a few times. It's only in the outer corridors where you get the shopping stuff. I never found the hawkers particularly aggressive. Still they could move the shops outside the gopurams completely, like it is at Palani, Tiruchendur, etc. There are enough open roads nearby for that I think.

Madurai is particularly affected because its on the tourist trail.

I wish there was some big sign at all of them as to who is doing the managing. Then it would be easier to analyze.