PDA

View Full Version : Ancient India and Atomic warfare

Amrut
14 January 2014, 09:06 AM
Namaste,

I have created a playlist on Youtube, which contains videos related to Ancient India here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HbWPumsTzo&list=PLo7YX77nPBtOVYfYtUBQRw_ghC9U4iz8f).

Please note that it contains one video about Jesus lived in India. I hope that dos not offend anyone. I do not want to make separate list for HDF, as it will make managing many lists difficult.

If you have any related articles, please let me know and I will add them to my list.

Hari OM

Aryavartian
14 January 2014, 09:26 AM
Namaste,

I have created a playlist on Youtube, which contains videos related to Ancient India here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HbWPumsTzo&list=PLo7YX77nPBtOVYfYtUBQRw_ghC9U4iz8f).

Please note that it contains one video about Jesus lived in India. I hope that dos not offend anyone. I do not want to make separate list for HDF, as it will make managing many lists difficult.

If you have any related articles, please let me know and I will add them to my list.

Hari OM

Greetings Amrut,

Most of the videos in your playlist are from ancient aliens and Graham Hancock.I am a bit skeptical about them.

Anyway here is something interesting that i found out.This is about possible reference to electricity in the Atharva Veda.For this i'm citing AV sloka 8.1.11:

In Samskrtam:

rákṣantu tvāgnáyo yé apsv àntā́ rákṣatu tvā manuṣyā̀ yám indháte /
vaiśvānaró rakṣatu jātávedā divyás tvā mā́ prá dhāg vidyútā sahá //

Griffith's trans:

Thy guardians be the Fires within the Waters, thy guardian be
the Fire which men enkindle.
Thy guardian be Vaisvānara Jātavedas; let not celestial Fire with
lightning burn thee.

Notice the occurrence of the word "vaidyuta" in this shloka.Griffith translates this word as "lightning" but i highly suspect this because even in my first language(which is a Dravidian language) vaidyuta means electricity!

Also,this hymn is praising Agni Deva.As said in another thread,he not only represents just an ordinary fire,but symbolizes energy as well.We know that electricity is a form of energy.

I suppose Sanskritists on HDF can clarify what vaidyuta means :)

Amrut
14 January 2014, 09:42 AM
Namaste,

I think I have mixed them. I should have separated AA and scientific research :). Sorry my bad

Hari OM

Amrut
14 January 2014, 09:46 AM
Namaste,

I think I have mixed them. I should have separated AA and scientific research :). Sorry my bad

Hari OM

There is difference between ancient aliens and ancient India :) . I think there are no videos of ancient aliens in the link I posted. The series was aired by History 18 TV in India.

Hari OM

Aryavartian
14 January 2014, 10:04 AM
There is difference between ancient aliens and ancient India :) . I think there are no videos of ancient aliens in the link I posted. The series was aired by History 18 TV in India.

Hari OM

AA is aired in `History channel :rolleyes: The video about sunken city is from AA :D

Amrut
14 January 2014, 10:17 AM
AA is aired in `History channel :rolleyes: The video about sunken city is from AA :D

ok ok :)

If you have any links about ancient India, please do let me know. I will add them to my playlist

Hari OM

Aryavartian
14 January 2014, 10:28 AM
ok ok :)

If you have any links about ancient India, please do let me know. I will add them to my playlist

Hari OM

Well.i only have lectures like these :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyN0zs_tBRY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmogKGCmclE

I don't use YT that much anymore :p

Jaskaran Singh
15 January 2014, 02:36 AM
Notice the occurrence of the word "vaidyuta" in this shloka.Griffith translates this word as "lightning" but i highly suspect this because even in my first language(which is a Dravidian language) vaidyuta means electricity!

Also,this hymn is praising Agni Deva.As said in another thread,he not only represents just an ordinary fire,but symbolizes energy as well.We know that electricity is a form of energy.

I suppose Sanskritists on HDF can clarify what vaidyuta means :)
विद्युता (vidyutA, the word used above) is the strIlai~Ngika, tR^itIyA vibhakti form of the prAtipadika vidyut (which usually refers to lightning, but could in general refer to anything that flashes). वैद्युत (vaidyuta) is the adjectival form of the same prAtipadika ("vidyut") and refers to something which relates to flashes, power, or lightning (i.e. something which is electric/electrical or very bright). The two words are related to each other but don't mean the same thing. Just for fun, I think I can guess what language you speak. Judging from what you said, I assume your native language is either telugu (based on వైద్యుత/vaidyuta) or mAlayAlam (based on വൈദ്യുതി/vaidyutI). In tamizh, electricity is min shakti (மின் சக்தி), among other words, and in kannaDa, electricity is ವಿದ್ಯುಚ್ಛಕ್ತಿ (vidyucChakti). However, I remember you said you were a nAgavaMshI elsewhere and most of them are more common near the southern tip of bhArat (including kerala); therefore, from the above info, you probably speak mAlayAlam (if not mAlayAlam, then probably telugu). Am I right?

Aryavartian
15 January 2014, 06:05 AM
विद्युता (vidyutA, the word used above) is the strIlai~Ngika, tR^itIyA vibhakti form of the prAtipadika vidyut (which usually refers to lightning, but could in general refer to anything that flashes). वैद्युत (vaidyuta) is the adjectival form of the same prAtipadika ("vidyut") and refers to something which relates to flashes, power, or lightning (i.e. something which is electric/electrical or very bright). The two words are related to each other but don't mean the same thing. Just for fun, I think I can guess what language you speak. Judging from what you said, I assume your native language is either telugu (based on వైద్యుత/vaidyuta) or mAlayAlam (based on വൈദ്യുതി/vaidyutI). In tamizh, electricity is min shakti (மின் சக்தி), among other words, and in kannaDa, electricity is ವಿದ್ಯುಚ್ಛಕ್ತಿ (vidyucChakti). However, I remember you said you were a nAgavaMshI elsewhere and most of them are more common near the southern tip of bhArat (including kerala); therefore, from the above info, you probably speak mAlayAlam (if not mAlayAlam, then probably telugu). Am I right?

Haha,yes brother Jaskaran,i'm from Cheralaputra as mentioned by Ashoka ;)

And thanks for clarifying the word vaidyuti,i think the Vedic Kavis had knowledge of electric energy.Also,it is been said in the Vedic texts that Agni even resides in waters,could this be a reference to hydro-energy/hydropower?