PDA

View Full Version : Maha Kumbha Mela in the USA 2014

ShivaFan
13 February 2014, 07:41 PM
Namaste

It just came on the television 10 minutes ago in a TV advertisement here is California, I was happily surprised!

A television ad, showing pictures of Hindu public events such as pictures of Sadhus, Skull bearers, Akhadas and graphics of Jagannath Chariot, Americans and Indian Hindus together, and then “Come to the Kumbhla Mela USA 2014”.

The ad also displayed a URL link: http://www.usakumbhamela.net
http://www.usakumbhamela.net/temples/

Sanatana Hindu Sangha of California is bringing the timeless and rich tradition of Kumbha Mela to the West!

Date: Feb 22nd
Venue: Excelsior grounds, 15711 Pioneer Blvd, Norwalk, CA, 90650

This will include procession, a chance to enter into the holy Jal (Ganga Jal) in a pool of jal for a sacred dip, a message on Kumbh Mela, Ganga Arti and then Bhajans!

I have sent in $101 dollars immediately to help sponsor. Yes, this is part of the so-called “controversial” Sangha associated with Nithyananda, from a Vedic center in Los Angeles, but I don’t care about that. There are also the following Temple associations involved (listed below), I have not problem with this. This is the beginning of something great to introduce to America!

• All World Gayatri Parivar – Anaheim 
• Gayatri Mandir – Hawaiian Garden
• Hindu Temple and Cultural center – Chatsworth 
• ISKCON Laguna Beach 
• ISKCON New Dwarka – Culver City 
• Jain Center of Southern California – Buena Park 
• Malibu Hindu Temple – Calabasas 
• Nithyananda Vedic Temple – North America 
• Radha Raman Temple, Placentia 
• Ram Kabir Temple, Carson 
• Sanatan Dharma Temple – Norwalk 
• Shree Panchmukha Hanuman Temple – Torrance 
• Shree Ram Kabir Bhakta Samaj of Southern California, Norwalk 
• Shree Swaminarayan Mandir, Van Nuys 
• Shree Swaminarayan Temple (ISSO) – Norwalk 
• Shree Umiya Mataji Mandir. Norco 
• Siddhivinayak Temple – Brea

Kumbha Mela USA!

Om Namah Sivaya

ShivaFan
14 February 2014, 01:02 PM
Just for clarification, this Ganga Jal event is being sponsored by a number of temples. It looks like it has some sponsorship from private business as well.

Believer
23 February 2014, 11:19 PM
Namaste ShivaFan,

Any update on this event? How did it go? I bet it was a very festive occasion.

Pranam.

ShivaFan
24 February 2014, 12:08 AM
oh, I didn't go, it was in L.A. and I'm in the S.F. Bayarea right now. I only gave a donation to help sponsor. My beloved wife is undergoing physical therapy as a result of a drunk driver smashing into the back of our sedan back on Jan 19th so no way can I drive to Los Angeles (she is doing well, however). But I will follow up and find out how it went.

Maha Sivaratri is coming, I am going to concentrate on that to get blessing that drunks do not distrube my family ever again.

But the concept of the Mela is a good one for America, and will get stronger every 12 years. I am a devotee of Ganga Maa and even one drop of Her jal can bring miracles to America.

Om Namah Sivaya

Believer
27 February 2014, 05:35 PM
Namaste,

http://www.indiawest.com/news/17197-hundreds-celebrate-kumbh-mela-in-southern-california.html

Pranam.