PDA

View Full Version : Forum Rules need an update

Believer
23 February 2014, 04:36 PM
Namaste Moderators,

The HDF rules prohibit people from indulging in India bashing. There are many American born citizens of Indian Hindu parents in the forum, in addition to the first generation immigrants who have taken up US citizenship and in the process have taken an oath to defend its constitution. To all these people and to the Caucasian American Hindu members of the HDF, it must be annoying, at the very least, to see some members use this forum for US bashing. We all talk about specific excesses of different groups/nations, but to use the US as the punching bag for every conceivable ill on this planet is wrong and should not be tolerated. The political establishments make decisions for the welfare of their populations. Many a times these are not in the best interests of others and they might even be ill advised even for their own national interests. One has to understand that and make the best of every situation. To ignore that and to invent conspiracy theories about every action taken is not going to change anything.

I hereby request the moderators to update the forum rules to include America bashing in the forum as unacceptable, or at the very least keep the offending members on a very short leash. Thank you for your time.

Pranam.

Anirudh
15 March 2014, 07:03 PM
Namaste Believer,

This request comes as a surprise to me. I haven't come across any US bashing post.

It is important to keep in mind that, America dictate the developing countries to fulfil her selfish motives.

In the recent times but for Devayani's case (though America's intent in that case is not clear) I have NOT seen anything that can be construed as America bashing.

May be I have missed repeated occurrences. Could you pinpoint few of them so as to understand what you see as unacceptable US bashing?