PDA

View Full Version : A Guide for Non-Veg to Go Veg?

Webimpulse
05 April 2014, 07:13 PM
Namaste HDF,

First of all, sorry for being away for so long! I'll provide an update on what's been going on in another thread. But for this thread, I wanted to ask the following question:

What would be the interest in a guide that can help non-vegetarians make the switch to vegetarianism?

I'm asking because I was thinking of starting such a guide...while I'm not fully vegetarian yet, I've been eating much less meat lately because of certain strategies I have adopted to make vegetarian meals more appealing (and diabetic friendly!) to me. I want to share those strategies with others.

I think such a guide is necessary because for people like me, going vegetarian after being brought up non-veg can seem like an extremely daunting task, one based on self-imposed deprivation. Thankfully I've discovered that this doesn't have to be the case.

If I were to start such a guide, where should I put it?

fem_phoenix1109
05 April 2014, 07:55 PM
Namaste Webimpulse,

I would be very interested in checking out your guide. I look forward to its availability.

Eastern Mind
05 April 2014, 08:06 PM
Vannakkam Web: There are some guides around already, but none that I know of that are particular to the situation of Hindu adoptives. I think if you can journal your progess, that might help in writing the guide later.

One way, of course is to cut things out one at a time. For me personally, for reasons beyond my control, I went cold turkey (pardon the pun) so I can't really relate in any real way to how difficult it is because I have no experience with that. All I can guess is that it takes some sort of mental adjustment. Cigarettes or any other addictive substances are harder because there are physical side effects from withdrawal.

Certainly my Guru realised it was difficult as he often gave new devotees some time to adjust, generally one year.

Aum Namasivaya