PDA

View Full Version : REQUEST ADMIN Ji- FESTIVAL CALENDAR

Ram11
03 May 2014, 01:22 AM
Namaste,

It would nice if we can have a calendar that lists all Hindu festivals from different traditions.There is a beautiful post about Aksaya Tritiya but I read it after the festival concluded.So it would be better if can have a calendar list of upcoming festivals with dates and know beforehand the importance and the way to celebrate them.Please Admin Ji and Moderators Ji introduce this feature for the benefit of users.

Regards,
Ram

Eastern Mind
03 May 2014, 11:48 AM
Namaste,

It would nice if we can have a calendar that lists all Hindu festivals from different traditions.There is a beautiful post about Aksaya Tritiya but I read it after the festival concluded.So it would be better if can have a calendar list of upcoming festivals with dates and know beforehand the importance and the way to celebrate them.Please Admin Ji and Moderators Ji introduce this feature for the benefit of users.

Regards,
Ram

Vannakkam Ram: Given the differences in calendars across India and elsewhere, I feel this would just be a monumental task. There are several variations in panchangs, and each diverse sect celebrates different festivals, often on different days. There would be little consensus other that the major festivals.

Of course, there is nobody stopping someone such as yourself doing the on-line research and posting it here, maybe month by month. I'd look forward to that.

Here's an example: http://www.calendarlabs.com/calendars/religious/hindu-calendar.php

and another ... http://www.drikpanchang.com/calendars/hindu/hinducalendar.html

Aum Namasivaya

satay
03 May 2014, 05:40 PM
Namaste,
Great idea but yes I agree with EM. How to decide which festivals to include in the calendar and who will maintain that on daily/weekly basis?

Ram11
04 May 2014, 06:06 AM
Namaste,

Thank you EM Ji for the links.

Satay Ji,

I think you are right,maybe its not possible.

Regards,
Ram

Eastern Mind
04 May 2014, 08:11 AM
Namaste,

Thank you EM Ji for the links.

Vannakkam: I only did a quick search and linked the first two sites I found as examples only. There are literally hundreds more if you search. I used 'Hindu festivals + 2014' in my search.

Aum Namasivaya

Abhishek Born Again
07 November 2014, 09:00 AM
Namaskar Gurujanas,

I may be late on this but just thought to gave a view that if the calender is required for the Festivals then I can post one for every year when that year commences. Also there is an alternative to download the "Hindu Calender" from the Google's Play Store it is an App which contains informations about the Festivals and many more features like Panchang,Kundli,Jyotish,My Tithi etc.

Dhanayabad