PDA

View Full Version : The Original Bhagavad Gita, Complete with 745 verses

Amrut
23 May 2014, 06:43 AM
Namaste,

Recently, on May 19.2014, Gita with lost rare verses which comply with Gita Mana verses (verses that say the no of slokas) is released by Sunil Kumar Bhattacharjya

It is available at Parimal Publications

http://www.parimalpublication.com/Bookdesc.aspx?id=501

You will need to email them and then call them on second no (011-47015168)

Books can be couriered or send on VPP basis

Here is announcement by author

http://www.advaita-vedanta.org/archives/advaita-l/2014-May/036995.html

Author has also given answers to common questions like how can there be a discourse in the middle of battle field, etc and how the author, who did 30 years of research found out about the missing verses in bhagavad Gita.

Hari OM

hinduism♥krishna
24 May 2014, 10:12 PM
Pranam...

If someone buy that, then I request him to post here those extra 45 verses.

@Amrut : But why didn't Adi Shankara comment on those extra verses?

BTW, Thank You, Amrut. Thank You for informing us.

Amrut
25 May 2014, 03:09 AM
Pranam...

If someone buy that, then I request him to post here those extra 45 verses.

@Amrut : But why didn't Adi Shankara comment on those extra verses?

BTW, Thank You, Amrut. Thank You for informing us.

Pranams,

Those extras verses are better understood in context of other verses. Like BG 2.24 in Bg is 2.28 in OBG (Ogirinal bhagavad Gita).

Also note that the verse distribution of sanjay, arjuna and Krishna differ in BG and OBG.

Some verses said by Sanjay in OBG are attributed to Arjuna in BG.

It is better to read it yourself :)

Hari OM

Anirudh
25 May 2014, 04:45 AM
Namaste Amrut,

What is the authenticity? If you have access to any such thing, please share it with us...

Also I have the similar question like HlK... Is it not available in Raamanuja's Gita Bhashy? if so how come he missed that out

Amrut
25 May 2014, 06:11 AM
Namaste Amrut,

What is the authenticity? If you have access to any such thing, please share it with us...

Also I have the similar question like HlK... Is it not available in Raamanuja's Gita Bhashy? if so how come he missed that out

Namaste Anirudh ji,

Author cites that many puravacharyas tried to publish rare verses. Adi Shankaracharya, Ramanujacharya nad other Vaishnava Acharyas wrote commentary on 700 verse Gtia.

Ramanuja's version actually has 701 verses. Verses 13.1 is missing in Sankara bhashya.

The author cites past attempts about publication of this verses and that some acharyas like Abhinavagupta and Vedanta desika were aware of extra verses. Abhinavagupta's commentary on kashimi recension of Bhagavad Gita has addition 16 or 18 verses.

But all previous attempts failed as the verses didnt match gitamaan verses of mahabharata (MBh 6.43.7)

Keshava = 620 verses
Arjuna = 57 verses
Sanjay = 67 verses
Dritarashtra = 1 verse

Arjuna + Sanjay = 57 + 67 = 124

Vulgate (std version)
Krishna = 574
Arjuna = 84
Sanjay = 41
Dritarashtra = 1

Arjuna + Sanjay = 84 + 41 = 125

Krishna = 620-574 = 46 verses.

In Paisaccha bhashya (probably before Sankara bhashya), Krishna spoke 567 verses out of total 700 verses.

If you consider 745 verses and remove 46 extra verses by bhagavan, then
removing 46 verses will make gita of 699 verses.

One verse in 13.1 found in ramanuja bhashya 13.1 is attributed to arjuna, which was originally said by Krishna

So that makes in vulgate and original version equal (124 verses by both arjuna and sanjay).

One interpolated verse of arjuna 11.46 was dropped and one missing verse of sanjay was restored

It is better to take a copy and read all the explanation given by author. I cannot type all explanation.

Hari OM

Anirudh
25 May 2014, 10:39 PM
Thank Amrut ji....