PDA

View Full Version : Vanakkam!

sivamiththiran
13 June 2014, 01:49 PM
Vanakkam every one

I am a Tamil Hindu from Sri Lanka. I joined this forum to know more about Vedic Hinduism and Jyotish. The vast majority of Sri Lankan Tamils are ardent Saivites who carry their Hindu faith to every nook and corner of the world. They built Hindu temples all over the world but still the Hindu universe ignores their plight. I would like to know why?? :confused:

Eastern Mind
15 June 2014, 07:27 AM
Vannakkam Sivamiththiran: Welcome to HDF. I hope your stay here is fruitful.

As far as your question goes, I think mostly the west just saw it as 'just another conflict' . There are civil wars going on as we speak, and most of the west remains blissfully unaware. it's sad, yes.

But indeed the Sri Lankan Tamils have built temples all over. I attend one regularly.

Aum Namasivaya

Amrut
15 June 2014, 11:08 AM
Welcome to HDF :)

Doesn't matter if someone knows or not. Shiva knows what you do. Is that not enough?

Please Shiva than pleasing thi world :)

Namah Shivaya

Believer
15 June 2014, 11:49 AM
Namaste,

Welcome to the forum.

......the Hindu universe ignores their plight.......

It is indeed unfortunate, but consider this, the Tamil brahmins in TN, India have been brutalized/humiliated and forced to leave their birthplace by denying them a chance to make a decent living, for the last 50 years. This was accomplished by shutting them out of colleges and high paying Govt. jobs. Most Indians don't even know about this and even if they did, they would do very little to fight that. Case 2: There was ethnic cleansing carried out in Kashmir and the Hindus, who were predominantly Saivites, were either murdered or made to leave by the islamists, and no one came to their rescue. Sometimes it amazes me how self serving we have become that we don't lift a finger to help our Hindu brethren. But, such is the state of affairs.

Pranam.

Amrut
16 June 2014, 12:50 AM
Namaste,

Welcome to the forum.

It is indeed unfortunate, but consider this, the Tamil brahmins in TN, India have been brutalized/humiliated and forced to leave their birthplace by denying them a chance to make a decent living, for the last 50 years. This was accomplished by shutting them out of colleges and high paying Govt. jobs. Most Indians don't even know about this and even if they did, they would do very little to fight that. Case 2: There was ethnic cleansing carried out in Kashmir and the Hindus, who were predominantly Saivites, were either murdered or made to leave by the islamists, and no one came to their rescue. Sometimes it amazes me how self serving we have become that we don't lift a finger to help our Hindu brethren. But, such is the state of affairs.

Pranam.

+1 completely agree

ShivaFan
16 June 2014, 04:10 PM
Vanakkam every one

I am a Tamil Hindu from Sri Lanka. I joined this forum to know more about Vedic Hinduism and Jyotish. The vast majority of Sri Lankan Tamils are ardent Saivites who carry their Hindu faith to every nook and corner of the world. They built Hindu temples all over the world but still the Hindu universe ignores their plight. I would like to know why?? :confused:

Namaste Sivamiththiran

Everything is true as you say of the contributions of beloved Tamil Hindus building temples all over the world, personally I see that with my own eyes and as an American I am so grateful!

As for the plight, not all are blind! You are in our hearts every day.

Welcome to HDF

Om Namah Sivaya

aupmanyav
27 June 2014, 05:24 AM
.. but still the Hindu universe ignores their plight. I would like to know why?? :confused:No. Not everyone is blind to their plight. But till April 2014, India itself was being ruled by foreigners. We got our second independence only in June 2014. You can say that time (kaala) was against Tamil hindus. Where hindus are only a minority among intolerant people of other religions (Pakistan, Bangladesh, Malaysia, Indonesia, Fiji, Srilanka, etc.) we have to act very cautiously. Yes, Tamil Srilankan hindus have built beautiful temples. BTW, I am a Kashmiri and you know what happened with us.