PDA

View Full Version : Om (Shri?) Krishnaya namaha

SeekingPeaceOfMind
14 June 2014, 02:15 PM
Namaste,

I came across a mantra 'Om Krishnaya namaha' but have found some variances in its utterance. Some say it is for Japa, others for invocation of Lord Krishna for performing offerings and puja, whilst others say one should recite 'Om Shri Krishnaya namaha' as Shri denotes more respect.

If anyone can offer some clarification on this it would be very much appreciated, thank you.

hinduism♥krishna
15 June 2014, 02:27 AM
Namaste,

I came across a mantra 'Om Krishnaya namaha' but have found some variances in its utterance. Some say it is for Japa, others for invocation of Lord Krishna for performing offerings and puja,

You can use that Mantra for any purpose. You can use it anywhere in Archan, Stavan, Kirtan or Japa. The only thing important is chanting ishwara's names. If you wanna use Mantras for desires, then Mantras should be specific. Because power of the Mantra is hidden in the meaning of the Mantra.

whilst others say one should recite 'Om Shri Krishnaya namaha' as Shri denotes more respect.

There's no such thing. But use of shri is pleasant to hear.

SeekingPeaceOfMind
15 June 2014, 04:20 PM
Thank you very much for clearing that up for me.

The only desire for this mantra is to please God and keep him in mind and heart.

All the best to you.