PDA

View Full Version : Namaste from Scotland

John Mortimer
15 July 2014, 10:40 AM
Namaste :)

I'm John, from Scotland. To cut a very long story short, my interest in the Hindu tradition began a couple of years back when I encountered the teachings of Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj. Although Advaita Vedanta was my real concern, I began researching many of the Hindu references made by Nisargadatta in dialogues such as those found in "I Am That" and "Prior To Consciousness" and I feel like I am in the process of discovering a seemingly endless trove of treasures.

My daily devotions are to Lakshmi, Sri Ganesh, Sri Dhanvantre, Gayatri and of course, Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj.

I read the Holy Vedas and The Gita every day and I find the mantras of Gayatri, Lakshmi, Ganesha, Dhanvantre are life-changing. I hope to learn a lot from my participation here and to make friends.

Love and light to all.

Eastern Mind
17 July 2014, 09:12 AM
Vannakkam John.

Welcome to HDF. I hope your stay here is fruitful. We have two things in common. I have the Scot in my genetics, and my RT initials are also JM. Hopefully we can find a few more too.

Aum Namasivaya

John Mortimer
17 July 2014, 12:46 PM
Vannakkam John.

Welcome to HDF. I hope your stay here is fruitful.

Thank you, Eastern Mind. :) I am very much a "newbie" to the Hindu tradition and I want to learn, learn, learn! Your post here was fruitful for me because I hadn't encountered "Vanakkam" before....but now I've Googled it. :D

We have two things in common. I have the Scot in my genetics, and my RT initials are also JM. Hopefully we can find a few more too.

Aum Namasivaya
Cool! I'm sure we will find many things in common.....lovely to meet you.

OM SHANTI

Eastern Mind
17 July 2014, 07:34 PM
Vannakkam: As always, I recommend a visit to a Hindu temple, because Hinduism is much more than philosophy. It will give you a feel. There are several around Edinburgh and Glasgow.

Aum Namasivaya

Cosinuskurve
19 July 2014, 06:50 AM
A warm welcome from Germany! :hug:

John Mortimer
19 July 2014, 03:41 PM
:hug:

devotee
24 July 2014, 11:36 PM
Welcome to the forums, John ! :)

OM

sunyata07
25 July 2014, 01:35 PM
Namaste John,

Always nice to see another newcomer to the forums. There is so much to learn in the path of Sanatana Dharma! I wish you the very best in your spiritual journey.

Om namah Shivaya

kumar_s
30 July 2014, 06:25 PM
Namaste John.

I have been trying to read the Vedas and I must say that I find it to be an extremely challenging task. Hope you find peace and knowledge in your quest.