PDA

View Full Version : Is Krishna Brahman?

Samraat Bhismadeva Maurya
22 July 2014, 03:13 AM
Hari Bol!
All glories to Sri Guru and Gauranga!

Dandavats everyone!

First i would like to ask what is Brahman and if he is the supreme ultimate reality underlying all phenomena and scriptural truth, why would we not go for the Brahman?
If there is nothing higher than Krishna, then who is Brahman and if so why is he considered the Supreme ultimate reality, I know I am beginning to start a little confusing and if i don't make sense, please forgive me.

My main question is who/what is Brahman and is Krishna Brahman?

Thank you,

Jai Sri Radhe-Syam!

satay
22 July 2014, 02:56 PM
Namaste,
Check Dr. Shanbhag's work, 'Brahman is Vishnu'.

brahma jijnasa
22 July 2014, 04:11 PM
Hari Bol!

Dandavats everyone!

First i would like to ask what is Brahman and if he is the supreme ultimate reality underlying all phenomena and scriptural truth, why would we not go for the Brahman?
If there is nothing higher than Krishna, then who is Brahman and if so why is he considered the Supreme ultimate reality, I know I am beginning to start a little confusing and if i don't make sense, please forgive me.

Thank you,

Jai Sri Radhe-Syam!

Namaste

Of course Lord Krishna is Brahman. He is called Brahman or Parabrahman (paraḿ brahma) which means Supreme Brahman
and God (deva) in the Bhagavad gita 10.12: paraḿ brahma paraḿ dhāma ... ādi-devam ajaḿ vibhum.

What is Brahman?
You've said it well that Brahman is the supreme ultimate reality underlying all phenomena and scriptural truth. Much could be said about it but what you said is a brief definition and the very essence of the term Brahman. One day you'll be a great Vedantist. :)
Lord Krishna is this Brahman or The Supreme!

----------
PS. Bhagavad gita quote see at BBT, vedabase

regards

Samraat Bhismadeva Maurya
22 July 2014, 05:06 PM
Hari Bol!

[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE="2"]
Lord Krishna is this Brahman or The Supreme!

So Brahma Jijnasa (Nice name by the way) "The search for the Supreme Brahman" is in essence the same as Krsnanusandhana "The search for Sri Krishna?"

All this time i had thought Brahman had no form, but Brahman is Krishna.

Thank you very much! + 1

One day you'll be a great Vedantist.

Thank you very much! But i will have much work to do.

Jai Sri Radhe-Syam!

satay
22 July 2014, 11:29 PM
Admin Note
Namaste new members,
This is ISKCON forum, therefore posts should be in alignment with ISKCON principles and philosophy. Comparison with other philosophies is not relevant here.

Kalicharan Tuvij
23 July 2014, 07:24 AM
Hari Bol!

Dandavats everyone!

Thank you,

Jai Sri Radhe-Syam!
Namaste Samraat BM,

Krishna has Brahm (Brahman) as one of His aspects. Some may even say, His highest aspect (and rightly so as per one pov, but not accurate as per Vedic view overall).