PDA

View Full Version : India's PM Narendra Modi Speaking in New York City

Webimpulse
29 August 2014, 02:58 PM
Namaste HDF,

I don't know how many of you know, but India's PM Narendra Modi is speaking in New York City on Sept. 28 at Madison Square Garden. Maybe some of you are planning to go, but still, I figured it would be good to let people know. :)

I also made a blog post on the upcoming visit, as I'm looking to go myself:

http://light-club.blogspot.com/2014/08/special-announcement-now-with-video.html

I hope you enjoy it. :D

anucarh
12 September 2014, 11:54 PM
Namaste Webimpulse ji,

Thank you for this information. I won't be able to make it to Shri Narendra Modi's speech in New York, but I'm very interested to hear about all that he says and does when he is there. Please let us know, if you can.

He seems like an extraordinary man to me. He lives like a holy man. He abstains from eating flesh or drinking alcohol. He lives a celibate life. He meditates. He periodically undertakes fasts for peace and harmony and he reaches out to Muslim citizens to repair the rift between Muslims and Hindus. He works from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. daily. He visits his mother. He works to help the poor. He lives frugally (with the exception of his expensive clothing, which is perhaps a requirement of his job as prime minister). It is rare for a national leader or for someone in politics at any level to exhibit this degree of incorruptibility, integrity, selflessness, and renunciation. I think he is amazing.

praṇām

Omkara
16 September 2014, 05:39 PM
Namaste Webimpulse ji,

Thank you for this information. I won't be able to make it to Shri Narendra Modi's speech in New York, but I'm very interested to hear about all that he says and does when he is there. Please let us know, if you can.

He seems like an extraordinary man to me. He lives like a holy man. He abstains from eating flesh or drinking alcohol. He lives a celibate life. He meditates. He periodically undertakes fasts for peace and harmony and he reaches out to Muslim citizens to repair the rift between Muslims and Hindus. He works from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. daily. He visits his mother. He works to help the poor. He lives frugally (with the exception of his expensive clothing, which is perhaps a requirement of his job as prime minister). It is rare for a national leader or for someone in politics at any level to exhibit this degree of incorruptibility, integrity, selflessness, and renunciation. I think he is amazing.

praṇām

He had actually left his home in his teens for 2-3 years to wander the Himalayas with the intent of renouncing the world before he returned home.

kumar_s
28 September 2014, 03:36 PM
I heard his speech live on TV. It was really inspiring and captivating.

Pranam