PDA

View Full Version : Newby with Questions

Mystical Soul
07 October 2014, 09:03 AM
Namaste, I am a westerner who has recently embraced the path of Sanatana Dharma. I was reared Christian (Baptist) later converted to Catholic but always felt like something was missing. Just never could figure out what. Six months ago I started taking yoga. I wanted to know more about it and my research naturally led me to Sanatana Dharma. The more I read the more I realized that I agreed with the concepts. I had visited other non Christian churches such as Jewish, Islam, and Buddhist but never really felt that spiritual connection like I do with this.

The one thing I have noticed is without voracious reading I have a difficult time getting answers about Sanatana Dharma. Some of it is language I am sure and some of it maybe cultural. I have discovered Hare Krishna where I have been fortunate to learn some things, I found a wonderful BLOG by a western woman, and I joined a JKYog group.I attend a Shiva temple for meditation and the temple workers there are fantastic but they do not speak much English (I am now taking Hindi but I have a L-O-N-G way to go).

For some unexplainable reason I feel very drawn to Shivaism and for that the Himalayan Academy has been abundantly valuable.

Well, this is a long winded intro and so I guess it may be way too much for some. I have many questions still and hope I can learn a lot from other people's questions too.

This forum is informative and people are civil and polite. I read a lot before joining.

Blessings to you all,
Jon

Eastern Mind
08 October 2014, 03:06 PM
Vannakkam, and welcome to HDF. I hope your stay here is fruitful.

I'm glad you did a lot of reading before joining. Many don't. :)

Aum Namasivaya

devotee
08 October 2014, 10:25 PM
Welcome to the forums, Mystical soul ! :)

OM

Ram11
08 October 2014, 11:02 PM
Namaste Ji,

Welcome to HDF.

Ramesh1
09 October 2014, 05:22 AM
Hi and Welcome to HDF. Hope you will find all your answers here.

kallol
09 October 2014, 06:45 AM
Welcome !!! have a nice and fruitful engagement