PDA

View Full Version : Hello to my brothers and sisters in Sanatana Dharma

Trent Wilkerson
20 October 2014, 11:23 AM
Even though I am a westerner, I have always found myself attracted to the art and culture of India. From the time I first saw Indian artwork as a boy, I felt a shock of recognition that only grew stronger over time. After reading A SourceBook in Indian Philosophy in college, I was left speechless by the soaring beauty of the Upanishads and the Bhagavad Gita. I sometimes wonder if I was born in India in a previous incarnation. I was deeply moved when I saw the first show about Mt. Kailash. I spent untold hours re-watching that tape. I can't imagine anything more heavenly than the Snow Jewel and the Himalaya rising above that holy lake. I hope, in this lifetime, that I will somehow be able to make that pilgrimage. How is it that I feel so strongly about these things?
How is it possible for me to have this Dharma? I don't know what the answer is, but one name is on my lips more and more as I get older: Shiva, Shiva, Shiva!

And by the way: Hello!

Believer
21 October 2014, 12:05 PM
Namaste Trent,

Welcome to the forum.
Hope you can deepen your relationship with the deities.

Pranam.

Eastern Mind
21 October 2014, 12:54 PM
Vannakkam Trent:

Welcome to these forums. I hope your stay here is beneficial.

Aum Namasivaya

Trent Wilkerson
21 October 2014, 04:00 PM
Thank you both for your kind words.

Namaste

Mystical Soul
23 October 2014, 10:54 AM
Trent, welcome. I am new myself but I completely understand your statements. This forum has helped understand several things so far.
Peace

Aanandinii
24 October 2014, 12:51 PM
Namaste Trent,

Welcome! :) There are many of us who know what you are feeling. Your thread in the science section echoes my own thoughts very powerfully. Best wishes in your path, and look forward to seeing you on the forum.

~Pranam

Ramesh1
28 October 2014, 04:12 AM
Hi Trent Wilkerson,
Welcome to HDF and hope you will find all your answers here.