PDA

View Full Version : A kind help quite confusing

kamaferro
29 October 2014, 11:41 PM
I am Italian 60 trying to live in Malaysia with my children of Indian origin. I am interested in learning scriptures and about spirituality doesn't seem here to find many things. Good teacher.

I found a course on Gita and teacher looks good. But when I asked him about Vedanta he told the class just avoid it because is bringing you out of the ways you are not Divine otherwise what are you doing in this class your are not God. So quite confusing I am asking experts I am just a very humble beginner.

We are using BG As It Is and many forum told me to read anything except that version which is only propagating that Krishna is the Supreme God and where it seems there are discrepancies in their transliteration. I told the teacher and he replied to me all this:

"we have always maintained that the absolute according to vyasa and accepted by all schools has both the personal and impersonal aspect ....taking only the impersonal aspect and negating the personal aspect will not be complete according to vyasa...therefore the absolute is both form and formless.
Rose by any other name smells the same-the lord has unlimited names and Krsna is one of the unlimited names of the lord.
-i have read many versions of the bhagavad gita and essentially they have accepted both the personal and the impersonal aspect...even adi sankara/swami sivananda has given great importance to the personal aspect
-iskcon has done alot of good work in promoting the bhagavad gita and they belong to the personal school hence its only fair they speak extensively from that angle....however many a times the preaching approach has also frustrated many- this is an indisputable fact....preaching means we have to take the approach as given by vyasadev from rg veda-ekam satah viprah bahudha vadanti-truth is one but seen in many direction
.-when we promote love as the essence then we can harmonize everyone and they will willingly take the path and move as was mentioned by Caitanya Mahaprabhu

namnam akari bahudha nija-sarva-shaktis
tatrarpita niyamitah smarane na kalah
etadrishi tava kripa bhagavan mamapi
durdaivam idrisham ihajani nanuragaha
O my Lord, Your holy name alone can render all benediction to living beings, and thus You have hundreds and millions of names like Krishna and Govinda. In these transcendental names You have invested all Your transcendental energies. There are not even hard and fast rules for chanting these names. O my Lord, out of kindness You enable us to easily approach You by Your holy names, but I am so unfortunate that I have no attraction for them.

my humble conclusion lets celebrate the journey together and overlook the potholes

in the loving service of the absolute"

AND

"hari om vedanta has in general commentary by two schools one is advaita and the other dwaita advaita etc...sankaras commentary is generally refered to as advaita(impersonal) but many fail to realise there are other commentaries on personal aspect (dwaita advaita)....both are needed and they reflect the dynamism/platform for searching the absolute.....mahaprabhu harmonised this with a philosophy known as acintya beda abeda tattva-simultaneously one and different-where everything reconciles-bringing contentment to all arguments.

Which Gita is the best to read or a book giving the essence otherwise becomes quite biblical.

If anyone know good teachers here about Vedanta Gita etc let me know

Thanks and Hari OM

Ananda