PDA

View Full Version : I am Sri Vaishnava now, Thank you Satay ji

Anirudh
04 January 2015, 03:09 AM
Namaste Satay ji

I got myself formally inducted into Sri Sampradaya. Shreeman Naaraayan has taken me to the place I should be, his lotus feet.

A picture worth 1000 words. My profile picture in the early days was

http://oi57.tinypic.com/ezpova.jpg

HDF helped me travel from the above picture to taking Sharanagathi at the lotus feet of Shreeman Naaraayan. I take this opportunity to thank you, HDF and the members who directly or indirectly helped me. HDF helped me to know, understand and identify myself with Sri Sampradaya.

Thank you Satay ji... Thank you HDF.

Ram11
04 January 2015, 05:14 AM
Namaste Anirudh Ji,

I wish you all the best in your Sadhana.:)

satay
04 January 2015, 05:18 AM
Namaste Anirudh,

Congratulations! It is only with Bhagwan's Kripa that a Jiva ends up on his feet. You are blessed. And what a joy! I certainly had no part to play in the transformation. It is between you and God. If HDF helped in any way that too is his doing.

Anirudh
04 January 2015, 07:47 AM
Namaste Satay ji and Ram ji

Thank you for the wishes.

@Satay ji

I came in as an aggressive person who wouldn't take things lying down. For me HDF is a Gurukul. HDF helped me to mold my aggressiveness into assertiveness. I have a long list of members to thank personally. I will be sending them PM in due course of time. Also I am compiling events that led me to Sri Sampradaya. I am hopeful that it would be useful to other members.

Ram11
04 January 2015, 07:59 AM
Namaste Anirudh Ji,

I mentioned that a post was about initiation into the Sri Sampradaya.As there were no initiated members we couldn't help the OP with the details.

Anucarch Ji posted his questions about Sri Vaishnava diksha in this thread.

http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?t=13227

grames
04 January 2015, 08:58 AM
Dear Anirudh.,

Pranams and glad to know you have got initiation in to the Sri Vaishnava sampradaya. Sriman Narayana will show you the path to reach Him and His Devotees!

Glories to your feet.

Hare Krshna!

Omkara
05 January 2015, 03:41 AM
Namaste Satay ji
I got myself formally inducted into Sri Sampradaya. Shreeman Naaraayan has taken me to the place I should be, his lotus feet.

Congratulations!

Anirudh
05 January 2015, 07:40 PM
Namaste Grames ji and Omkara ji

Thank you very much for your wishes and warm words.

brahma jijnasa
06 January 2015, 04:09 PM
Namaste Anirudh and Omkara and all

HDF helped me travel from the above picture to taking Sharanagathi at the lotus feet of Shreeman Naaraayan.

I wish you luck on your journey until you finally do reach the Lord. I would like to offer a verse about it, says to reach the Lord Krishna is the highest perfection:

mām upetya punar janma
duḥkhālayam aśāśvatam
nāpnuvanti mahātmānaḥ
saḿsiddhiḿ paramāḿ gatāḥ

"After attaining Me, the great souls, who are yogīs in devotion, never return to this temporary world, which is full of miseries, because they have attained the highest perfection." (Bhagavad gita 8.15)

Good luck!

Congratulations!

It's nice to hear you again Omkara, after a longer period of time.

-----------------
Happy new year to everyone, good luck on the spiritual journey to all of you!

regards

Amrut
10 January 2015, 02:06 AM
Congratulations Anirudh ji, may Sriman Narayan guide you to his holy feet.

Good Luck for your spiritual journey.

Hari OM

Soul of Light
10 January 2015, 07:27 AM
Congratulations Anirudh ji,
Glad to hear such a nice news! Best luck for ur further journey...
-Pranam

Sahasranama
10 January 2015, 10:11 AM
Congrats. Don't get too caught up in vedantic debates, but use this opportunity for devotional sadhana.

Anirudh
10 January 2015, 09:15 PM
Namaste Amrut ji, Soul of Light ji, and Sahasranama ji

Thank you very much for the kind words.

Every Sampradaya preaches the devotee to practise discipline, because discipline guides to act from Sattvic framework. In these seven days found practicing discipline as the single most difficult challenge especially when passing through difficult times.

Enrolling into a Sampradaya is like acquiring a ticket to the destination. The ticket guarantees the travel but the quality of life during the travel doesn't change overnight. Quality is decided by the actions carried out in the past. Poor quality leads to tamasic and rajasic actions, inturn worsening the quality of journey. Mind controls action and forcing mind to mend its ways by stringent measure is tougher than accepting its shortcomings so as to educate it to behave in a disciplined manner. I was fighting with myself all these days, and my attitude depended on the outcome of the fight. End result was eccentric.

Somewhere I had to break this vicious cycle, these seven days presented me an opportunity to experiment. Surrounded by unfavorable conditions, every failure dented my confidence and faith on Shreeman Naaraayan.

When ever I failed surrendered to him again and again. It was more or less simultaneous and continuous. I held on to his feet. This exercise taught me the relationship between Sadhana ( साधन - leading straight to a goal ) and Shodhana ( शोधन - examination, punishment,improvement and purification )

In my Sadhana to achieve moksha at the end of this birth, there will be continuous Shodhana. Because the word Shodhana means examination, punishment, improvement and purification will have to undergo all. This is a difficult phase for the below average person like me and the only respite is to hold the Shreeman Naaraayan's lotus feet tightly. To remind myself that in spirit, I draw his lotus feet on my forehead (urdhva pundaram or tilak). His lotus feet on me is a protection that I need to sail through this challenging शोधन

Amrut
11 January 2015, 03:47 AM
Congrats. Don't get too caught up in vedantic debates, but use this opportunity for devotional sadhana.

+1

Completely agree.

Namaste

Anirudh
11 January 2015, 08:56 AM
Namaste Amrut ji and Sahasranama ji

I am a beginner hence it is too early to even dream about Vedantic debates.

Believer
11 January 2015, 06:35 PM
Namaste,

HDF helped me to mold my aggressiveness into assertiveness.
That is an enviable task to accomplish. Others might have helped you a bit, but you were the doer - the person who actually recognized the aggressive behavior, decided to do something about it and then actually took steps to change it into assertiveness. Most of the credit goes to you. Congratulations and good wishes for your future progress on your chosen path.

Pranam.

Anirudh
12 January 2015, 09:24 AM
Namaste Believer ji

Thank you very much for the wishes. I have got a long way to go. Do you emember my PM sent about two years ago. I just had two things. A dream and the desire to turn it into reality. If life permits someday in future will share with you how HDF changed me in detail.

Most of the credit goes to you. Congratulations and good wishes for your future progress on your chosen path.