PDA

View Full Version : GHS Preston, lovely experience after some time away.

peasandbones
20 January 2015, 05:06 PM
My mum and I went to the mandir for the first time in a long while last night, I've been going through a lot of hurt and betrayal due to an ex and thought to go there for aarti. (Have been 'talking' to Lord Shiva a lot and I am sure a lot of what/how things have happened is him answering me and letting me see the truth of everything bluntly, so as to not return to it).
My mum was chatting about the situation to someone there and found that there's now a permanent priest! She talked to him about her worries about the whole thing, he took us both to Lord Shivas altar, did prayers, gave us fruit, flowers, bael leaves and I think a neem fruit and the tied sacred thread around our wrists. Told my mum to put the white flowers to her eyes and chest. Later as we were leaving he came and gave us a picture each of the temple Shivling.
I've never seen this happen before so was a bit surprised but really appreciated him doing this.
I put the leaves with our Shivling at home as I wasn't sure what to do with them, whether they should stay with us or Shiva.