PDA

View Full Version : Ideas to help vision

Aanandinii
07 March 2015, 06:35 PM
Namaskar Ji,

Are there Ayurvedic treatments known to be helpful for macular degeneration? I am not speaking of age-related macular degeneration, which has even modern medical management. This is a genetic disorder that presents first as a juvenile and then progresses later in life. It affects the macula, the region of the retina that gives sharp vision, but not usually the rest of the retina.

This kind of disorder has no modern treatments or managements. Most Western supplements are either non-veg, such as lutein in eggs, or are unhelpful entirely - for instance supplementing Vitamin A and beta-carotine, which can arguably help with some cases of age-related degeneration, has been shown that it may actually worsen the this type.

Simply looking for some new ideas to try, but have limited time to do any research from a point of zero knowledge. Thanks for any suggestions.

~Pranam

smaranam
07 March 2015, 08:48 PM
Namaste Anandiniji

Please look through this website in detail :

Brad Eye-Glass Remover (http://eyeglassremover.com/)
These are purely ayurvedic herbal eye drops -- a 4-6 month course of regular treatment is supposed to make the patient no more dependant on prescription eye glasses -- basically it is vision improvement.

The doctors there say that only if the eyes have some anatomical defect it is not recommended. You can order the product online and get it shipped, but I would not do that without talking to the eye doctors there first, explaining the specific case. Also, would get second opinion from other opthalmologists -- a warning -- that they may dismiss Brad EGR totally as some nonsense. But do talk to the doctors at BRAD itself.

om namo bhagavate vAsudevAya
om namo nArAyaNAya

Aanandinii
07 March 2015, 09:23 PM
Namaste Smaranamji,

Thank you very much for the suggestion! The website states it can help with slowing age-related macular degeneration, so I think it is certainly worth contacting them. Thank you!

Do you know of anyone who has used these?

Yes, the condition has been independently verified through exam and retina photos, and a genetic test also done and verified for exact disorder diagnosis as that's really the only way to be sure.

~Pranam

smaranam
07 March 2015, 09:43 PM
I do not know anyone personally who has, but you can see the numerous testimonials on the site, and I have watched their TV ads where people -- young and old -- come up and give testimonials of their experience. Then a doctor comes on stage and explains things.

I also know that some eye doctors may dismiss this -- for children, teenagers etc.

Of course, I was not worried about the accuracy of the diagnosis, but saying that you should talk to one of the doctors promoting Brad eyeglass remover, and let them decide if the drops should be used in the specific case or not. It is good that the reports and retina pictures are available. That will make it easier. There is a link on the right side on the Web page for supporting doctors list.

Good luck
praNAm , namo nArAyaNa

sunder-bangalore
08 March 2015, 11:08 PM
Aurobindo Ashram in Pondicherry have a School for Perfect Eyesight.
They teach some eye exercises for the improvement of eye sight.
I have no idea about this particular eye defect. You can contact them and find out.
The website link (http://www.motherandsriaurobindo.org/Content.aspx?ContentURL=_StaticContent/SriAurobindoAshram/-03+The+Ashram/Departments/School+For+Perfect+Eyesight/-00+Contents.htm)
If you google "school for perfect eyesight" you will get blog posts from those who have benefited from trying this.