PDA

View Full Version : Constant buzzing of 'pineal gland'

IcyCosmic
15 April 2015, 12:44 PM
Namaste all,

This is happening for a few months now where the space where most hindus refer to as the placement of the 'pineal gland' starts to 'buzz' or emit some sort of 'sensation' quite rapidly at night. I ofcourse have no idea what it is but am making an assumption as the feeling literally comes from the center of my forehead between the eyebrows. It would fluctuate sometimes it would buzz, sometimes it wouldn't.

Now however, it has been happening for a large duration of the day for the past few weeks. Sometimes it is very gentle, allowing me to not even notice it, and other times it will become intense randomly.

What does this mean? How do I stop it?

saswathy
16 April 2015, 10:13 AM
Dear friend ,
It is a signal of Kundalini activation.It is not exactly kundalini raising to sahasrara but is known as pranothana. Daily meditation concentrating on that place could take the energy to the sahasrara.

saswathy
16 April 2015, 07:44 PM
Dear friend ,
It has to be done under the guidance of a siddha guru.

IcyCosmic
18 April 2015, 06:53 AM
Dear friend ,
It has to be done under the guidance of a siddha guru.

Namaste,

Highly unlikely. Guess I'll just have to get used to this, lol.

saswathy
18 April 2015, 08:15 AM
Dear friend ,
when the ripe time comes the guru automatically comes in to your life. Real guru is as thirsty as the seeker .

Rohiniranjan
18 April 2015, 05:47 PM
Dear friend ,
when the ripe time comes the guru automatically comes in to your life. Real guru is as thirsty as the seeker .

perhaps a confluence when the time-window opens for both through some celestial synchronicity? Perhaps astrological ...?

Rohiniranjan
18 April 2015, 05:56 PM
Namaste,

Highly unlikely. Guess I'll just have to get used to this, lol.

Not a bad idea, if the buzzing is not interfering with normal routine! For kaliyuga Sri Parashara (Sage) has issued special mention in the broader context of Jyotish (astrology). From casual observations generally it seems that *gurus* outnumber acolytes/seekers, so it may not be all that necessary to jump too readily! ;-)

G.S. Iyer
23 May 2015, 07:12 AM
Sub: Constant buzzing of pineal gland

Dear friend IcyCosmic,
Saswathy is completely right when he says “It is a signal of Kundalini activation. It is not exactly kundalini rising to sahasrara but is known as pranothana. Daily meditation/concentrating on that place could take the energy to the sahasrara.” This, of course, may take one or more lifetimes; or it may be achieved in a flash if you are spiritually ripe. However, that “It has to be done under the guidance of a siddha guru” seems impossible even in India, not just because of the great number of false gurus that have swamped our society and distorted our teachings, but also because we do not have enough time or the conveniences to practise even the minimum spiritual disciplines. It would seem that, for this to happen, one must seek sanyasa and retire to one of the many ashrams as an acolyte for an unspecified number of years.

You must consider yourself extremely lucky to have the experience that you write about, for it is only given to one in a million. Continue meditating on the pineal gland (which is known as the Ajna Chakra in Sanskrit literature).

The meditation must comprise simply of ‘observing’ the chakra by fixing the gaze upon it with closed, upturned eyes (and silently chanting the OM, if possible). After sufficient practice in the physical aspect of this discipline, one will observe the attention (I do not like the word ‘concentration’, for it implies ‘effort’ on our part) becoming more unwavering and deepening.

All of our spiritual literature talks of the arrival of the guru when the pupil is ripe. Gurus WANT disciples, but they will expect a minimum threshold of self-motivation and self-disciplining before accepting one. In other words, just keep going with your meditation practice on the Ajna. Do not EXPECT a guru, although you might silently PRAY for one.

May the Eternal GURU show himself to you!

IcyCosmic
10 August 2015, 12:31 PM
Namaste,

Just thought I would update everyone. I now experience this sensation with less intensity but more focus. Does that make sense?
The intensity only seems to heighten at night these days; namely when everyone is asleep.

Also another update, I now get this sensation while doing any mantra. It doesn't matter which one. Whenever I'm doing Japa at some point within the repetitions it starts.

Still not sure what to do or how to approach this so I'm just continuing my daily sadhana.

deafAncient
23 August 2015, 09:25 AM
Oh My Gosh! Namaste everyone!

I now realize what you mean by this! Yesterday, I was reading in the book, "Living Enlightenment," where one of the meditation techniques is focusing on that particular sensation. I've always known the sound was there. I can hear it (or feel it?), and I have pretty much all my life. I don't know how to describe the sensation, except that it runs constantly and does not seem to change in pitch or intensity. Even when I talk to myself internally, it's like talking to myself loud enough to hear myself over this buzzing, like how you raise your voice slightly over the noise of a smooth-running generator a block over to be heard by someone else. This is centered somewhere in my head.

This is another one of these instances where someone here points out something, and suddenly, I realize I've been doing it all along or aware of it all this time.

Praṇāma