PDA

View Full Version : White Lotus Day

Skull
07 May 2015, 07:40 PM
Blavatsky and her Theosophy certainly had a positive effect on India in supporting the traditions of that ancient land and people.

The 8th of May 1891 she died and many fans of hers remember her good spiritual influence.

For 2015 - On May 8, 1891 the brilliant, noble soul Helena Blavatsky left her body. The 8th of May has ever since been called White Lotus Day to honor her purity of devotion to the bodhisattva Cause seeking to help mankind become more selfless.

"Many who have never heard of the Society are Theosophists without knowing it themselves; for the essence of Theosophy is the perfect harmonizing of the divine with the human in man, the adjustment of his god-like qualities and aspirations, and their sway over the terrestrial or animal passions in him. Kindness, absence of every ill feeling or selfishness, charity, goodwill to all beings, and perfect justice to others as to oneself, are its chief features. He who teaches Theosophy preaches the gospel of goodwill; and the converse of this is true also — he who preaches the gospel of goodwill, teaches Theosophy."

HPB's letter to the 1888 American Convention

Skull
08 May 2015, 11:14 AM
A visitation from the real HPB:

Julia Keightley,
May 1891,
Pennsylvania
[Wachtmeister 1893, 127]

A few days after Madame Blavatsky died, HPB awoke me at night. I raised myself, feeling no surprise, but only the sweet accustomed pleasure. She held my eyes with her leonine gaze. Then she grew thinner, taller, her shape became masculine; slowly then her features changed, until a man of height and rugged powers stood before me, the last vestige of her features melting into his, until the leonine gaze, the progressed radiance of her glance alone remained. The man lifted his head and said, "Bear witness!" He then walked from the room, laying his hand on the portrait of HPB as he passed. Since then, he has come to me several times, with instructions, in broad daylight while I was busily working, and once he stepped out from a large portrait of HPB.

From the Esoteric World of Madame Blavatsky, by Daniel Caldwell