PDA

View Full Version : Hello

ShaktiShiva
18 May 2015, 08:31 PM
I am some what new to the forums. I don't think I've officially posted anything yet, but I have read many articles. My journey is an interesting one. What got me started into looking into Hinduism was a book on Yoga. I loved the philosophy and spirituality wrapped around Yoga and I wanted to know if there was a religion that went with that; so, I googled information on it. Started doing puja's and mantras and all kinds of things but I stepped away from Hinduism. Though I guess you could say it wasn't really Hinduism I was practicing but a blend of Wicca and Hindu beliefs. It didn't feel right to me. So I got sucked into the whole Christian atmosphere and got baptized, but about a month later I realized I was still searching and feeling void so I came back to my research into Hinduism. Reading the Bhagavad Gita I realized that much of the wisdom in this book was what I was looking for. Now I don't know where I fit within this whole dynamic but I am searching for the Truth and I won't stop. I know there are mixed debates on whether or not Westerners can become Hindu practitioners, and I know not all branches of Hinduism are accepting of that. I want to learn more and I hope that you guys accept me into this forum and help me on my journey for the Truth because it isn't over yet. I hope I haven't offended anyone. I'm just the only one I know who is drawn to this religion and am still pretty new to everything so I really do hope I'll be accepted here.

Namaste _/\_

Believer
19 May 2015, 01:04 PM
Namaste,

Welcome to the forum.

I know there are mixed debates on whether or not Westerners can become Hindu practitioners, and I know not all branches of Hinduism are accepting of that. I want to learn more and I hope that you guys accept me into this forum and help me on my journey for the Truth because it isn't over yet.
The question is not about our acceptance of you but of your degree of acceptance of the Hindu faith. If you are firm in your convictions, no one can deny what you have become. So, relax, enjoy and learn. We don't have any gatekeepers giving new members a test to see if they qualify to become members. :)

Pranam.

Eastern Mind
19 May 2015, 01:09 PM
Vannakkam ShaktiShiva. Welcome to HDF, and I hope your stay here is fruitful.

Aum Namasivaya

ShaktiShiva
20 May 2015, 02:54 PM
Thank you believer and I will keep that in mind :)

Eastern Mind: Thank you! I hope so too!

Being
22 May 2015, 02:39 AM
Welcome to HDF!