PDA

View Full Version : Namaskaram from Kirran

Kirran
01 June 2015, 01:06 PM
Namaskaram HDF.

I'm Kirran. I'm aware that's a woman's name in India, but my parents didn't know that when they named me, being of predominantly Western background. I'm British, grew up on a farm in Wales.

I've been drifting into Hinduism for over a year, but only began to call myself it in January. I'm an Advaitin (unusual for Hindu 'converts', I know). I'm still learning my way into Hindu dharma, and I'm sure will be interminably.

I've heard of HDF from members of other forums, and lurked a little before deciding to register. Seems a lovely forum, and I hope I'm able to contribute positively.

Let's not drag this out. Look forward to seeing you all around the boards!

Eastern Mind
01 June 2015, 04:11 PM
Vannakkam, and welcome to these forums. I hope you find your time here fruitful.

Aum Namasivaya

Believer
01 June 2015, 08:18 PM
Namaste,

Welcome to the forum. Hope you found HDF to be everything you have heard of it and more.

.....began to call myself it in January. I
The degree of practicing it in day today life carries far more weight than assuming the label. Hope you are living up to the code and getting deeper into it by the day.

Pranam.

Kirran
02 June 2015, 02:20 AM
Namaskaram

Thankyou both for the warm welcome.

The degree of practicing it in day today life carries far more weight than assuming the label. Hope you are living up to the code and getting deeper into it by the day.

Thankyou for the reminder. But rest assured, I didn't just decide to call myself a Hindu, and proceed to get an Aum tattoo and smoke a lot of cannabis.

My sadhana has been deepening for a while. It's just that the process of becoming a Hindu isn't discrete, but gradual, progressive. So it is hard to say when I became a Hindu, but it is easy to say when I decided to refer to myself as a Hindu.