PDA

View Full Version : About Dripta Prapatti and Artha Prapatti

orlando
13 April 2006, 04:04 AM
Namaste all.
I follow vadakalai sect of Ramanuja-sampradaya.
I have some questions:
By http://www.srivaishnavan.com/faq_prapatti.html
9. What are the different types of prapatti?
10. How is prapatti done?

Answers by http://www.srivaishnavan.com/ans_prapatti.html#9
9. There are two types: 1) Dripta Prapatti 2) Artha Prapatti People, who want to live this life, as long as it lasts; and want to attain moksha, only at the end of this life: they do dripta prapatti. People, who do not want to live even till the end of this life, but want to attain salvation immediately, at this very moment: they can resort to artha prapatti.
10.This. is a rite, which is performed, with the prescribed mantras and as per the procedure laid down in sastras.

11) How many types of prapatti are there?
11)There are four ways of performing prapatti: 1) Doing prapatti oneself (sva nishta). 2) Where a disciple repeats the prapatti mantras, as taught by the acharya (ukti nishta). 3) Where the disciple does not repeat the mantras, but the acharya performs prapatti, for the disciple (acharya Nishta). 4) Where a learned Sri Vaishnava does prapatti, on behalf of the person (bhagavata nishta). So, one of these methods has to be adopted, for performing the prapatti.

My questions are
1)How is prapatti rite performed?
2)Do I need be initiated from an acharya before perform prapatti?The fact is that I don't know if in this life I will be able to find a Sri Vaishnava acharya.
3)Does Artha Prapatti really work immediately?Will I immediately die after performed Artha Prapatti Rite?

Please note that I am not still sure if perform Dripta Prapatti or Artha Prapatti.

Regards,
Orlando.

Namo Narayana
13 April 2006, 12:47 PM
Bhaktha , Jeeyar in Srirangam can do your initiation. he frequently travels europe and america. may be you can catch him on one of his tours and get initiated. I Know an american called Narasimhan who got initiated thru jeeyar in florida.

ramkish42
13 April 2006, 02:13 PM
1)How is prapatti rite performed?

This is performed after due ablutions and after pancha samaskaram. The major event is reading Gadhyatrayam in toto

2)Do I need be initiated from an acharya before perform prapatti?The fact is that I don't know if in this life I will be able to find a Sri Vaishnava acharya.

Indeed, Yes. As it is said, a teacher will appeat when the student is ready. Concentrate on your preparations. Read great Acharya works. Things will follow soon

3)Does Artha Prapatti really work immediately?Will I immediately die after performed Artha Prapatti Rite?

Now a days, we perform only Aacharya Nishti. Artha Prapatti requires demonstration of Maha Viswasam in ones life. If one ever been running around money, he cannot perform Artha Prapatti in the same stage.

Artha Prapatti is toughest.

As SriVaishnavism concept is running around simplicity in reaching Vaikunda, we desist from doing toughest ones. (However, this does not goes against doing a duty which is tough, here we are taking about eternity and not performing duty)

Do send me an email at ramkish42@toughguy.net in case of more queries, I will be happy to respond back

Sagefrakrobatik
04 November 2007, 05:50 AM
:confused: OK can you translate that in english??