PDA

View Full Version : Is Chakra Meditation useful and effective?

Suhita
31 August 2015, 12:19 AM
From many years The concept of chakras has played a vital role in spiritual development. I have 50% Knowledge of Chakras. Like I know the types and its energy centres?
But when I was going across the youtube videos on how to open Chakras I can across a chakra empowerment at this site: http://www.chakrayog.in (http://www.chakrayog.in/Web/Home.aspx)

But is it really important to perform Chakra Meditation as per this video? Dp Chakra Balancing helps in spiritual upliftment? If anyone can please clear this so that I can carry on more on Chakras knowledge.

devotee
31 August 2015, 06:30 AM
Namaste Suhita,

I don't understand the logic behind activating the lower chakras. The Upanishads don't advocate that and I have not found any authentic school advocating it (i may be wrong).

Most of the schools advise activating your Heart Chakra or some go even higher and advise activating AjnA chakra. Our goal is to stimulate and activate the higher chakra and not the lower ones as they are already active and that is why we are in this state. The lower chakras incline us towards our base instincts of hunger, sex, ego etc.

OM

Suhita
31 August 2015, 08:23 AM
Namastey Devoteeji,

I have asked about Chakra Meditation. There are many sites that suggest about activating Chakras and lower chakras are not that important except the 7 major chakras. Just wanted to know whether the practice of Chakra Meditation is effective or not?

~Hari Om.

Eastern Mind
31 August 2015, 01:14 PM
Vannakkam: Perhaps there are differing understandings of 'lower' chakras here. Some people who just consider the major 7 chakras think of the 3 lower ones (below the heart chakra)as lower, whereas others think 'lower' means the 7 chakras below the muladhara, the instinctive emotional ones. So in any discussion, its good to know what you mean by 'lower'.

That said, generally in yoga there is a slow but sure movement of awareness up the chakras, and each one gets sealed off as the next one is approached. Most people's awareness vibrates primarily in one, and they are only capable of going to the two adjacent ones ... the first one below 'home', and the first one above 'home.

This esoteric study is just that. Awareness is in or near some chakra whether we know it or not, and knowing of the chakras really doesn't help at all, but knowing what they do does. So a person really working on their will by exercising it a lot through getting things done, not procrastinating, and sticking top tasks is just naturally vibrating there.

In certain yoga schools there is a lot of 'chakra talk' but ion my humble opinion it's just that ... talk. For true inner growth to happen, there has to be great stability. Just as an example, on some other forum I was watching a conversion about it. One person was talking about being in his third eye chakra, when a second person expressed doubt about that ... that it was much higher than he thought ... then the first person proceeded to get really angry, hence proving the second person's point.

Stick to steady sadhana ... the chakras will take care of themselves by themselves.

Aum Namasivaya

Ashish_Marathe
04 September 2015, 05:42 PM
Attempting Kundalini awakening watching youtube videos is definitely not a bright idea. You need active guidance of an able guru.

smaranam
05 September 2015, 02:44 AM
Namaste

Stick to steady sadhana ... the chakras will take care of themselves by themselves.

Aum Namasivaya
+ 1 ... precisely. I said something similar recently to someone who wanted to activate Kundalini -- "Just follow the right path. Show your IshTa or Guru that you want to follow Their words."
----

KRshNa never mentions the K of Kundalini or the c of chakras in His Geetas. In His list of "what is jnAna" - BG Chapter 13, KRshNa says "mayI cha ananya yogena bhaktiravyabhichAriNI"
One-pointed, focused,unalloyed (ananya yogena) devotion towards Me, the Purushottama ParamAtmA without any expectation (avyabhichari). Which is not something to be "done" It just happens if He wants it to. What is ours really?

Intense feelings in AdnyA or sahasra or as if this body is floating it is all GhanashyAm LeelA. It happens because He places His Lotus palm on the head. AshirwAd (blessing}, kRpA (grace), and totally unexpected.
Why, His name sends a current thru' the body. Endless potency. However, this is the unexpected gift.

The Transcendental Baby is about to arrive...
Jai KanhaiyA lAl kI !!!

smaranam
05 September 2015, 10:24 AM
Moreover, KunDalini is Devi, and She is revered. She visits those who invite Her. She quietly blesses and leaves. Sometimes She wears a white sAri ~

Suhita
08 September 2015, 08:01 AM
Thank you Smaranji for empowering more on this.
~Hari Om