PDA

View Full Version : Japa Meditation with Rudraksha

Suhita
31 October 2015, 05:56 AM
Namastey,

Japa meditation with chanting of mantras was followed by vedic saints. Many sources tell that chanting of mantras must be done 108 times. We can increase our focus and concentration by Mantra Jaap if done in the correct way. I want to know the correct way of Japa meditation with Rudraksha?

~Hari Om

Eastern Mind
31 October 2015, 07:05 AM
Vannakkam Suhita: One POV is that it works far better after diksha by a qualified Guru. I was taught that you push each rudraksha with your thumb, (right hand) and have it roll across your finger, and chant the mantra as it rolls. But I'm sure there are other ways as well.

Aum Namasivaya

Suhita
01 November 2015, 10:05 PM
Vannakkam Suhita: One POV is that it works far better after diksha by a qualified Guru. I was taught that you push each rudraksha with your thumb, (right hand) and have it roll across your finger, and chant the mantra as it rolls. But I'm sure there are other ways as well.

Aum Namasivaya

Namastey Eastern mind,

But is it that chanting must be done 108 times only and which mantra must be chanted?

~Hari Om

Eastern Mind
02 November 2015, 06:26 AM
Suhita, I'm sure it varies from tradition to tradition. In mine we do one round (108) at a time, yes. Our mantra is the panchakshara, but perhaps in some other traditions its a different one. Once a day at least. For me personally, it's during my daily sadhana.

Aum Namasivaya

Suhita
02 November 2015, 10:17 PM
Suhita, I'm sure it varies from tradition to tradition. In mine we do one round (108) at a time, yes. Our mantra is the panchakshara, but perhaps in some other traditions its a different one. Once a day at least. For me personally, it's during my daily sadhana.

Aum Namasivaya

Namastey Eaatern Mind,

OK. Thanks for this. At least I have come to know that every country has different tradition for chanting mantra on a spiritual mala.

~Hari Om

Eastern Mind
03 November 2015, 06:05 AM
Namastey Eaatern Mind,

OK. Thanks for this. At least I have come to know that every country has different tradition for chanting mantra on a spiritual mala.

~Hari Om

Vannakkam: Not every country, but different sampradayas.

Aum Namasivaya