PDA

View Full Version : Dream meaning? Vermilion tilaka

bny
23 November 2015, 05:25 PM
Last night I had a dream. I dreampt that someone placed a round, vermilion tilaka(?) (or would it be a bindi?) between my eyebrows/on my forehead and I thanked the person who placed it there and kissed the hand that placed it there. In the dream I said I'd waited a lifetime for that mark.

While I've been a vegetarian for all but the first 8 years of my life, I don't ascribe to any particular faith. Nature is my cathedral/temple...all things are simultaneously both cathedral and congregation. I try for peace, non-violence and defense against violence. I'm a lady, but there's no chance of my marrying nor entering a holy order.

Any idea what such a dream might mean?

bhaswathy
24 November 2015, 05:00 AM
Dear fri
in life any auspicious event starts with Tilakh In HINDU tradition .In all probability it could suggest a life of intense spiritual sadhana .

Eastern Mind
24 November 2015, 01:40 PM
Vannakkam bny: Welcome to this forum,

Meaning from such a thing would be hard to interpret. Of course people will try. If it's the subconscious acting, then it's somehow formed from previous memories or experiences. If it's the superconscious or intuitive mind, then it probably has a differing meaning, which is most likely a call to explore Hinduism some. Certainly, since we are so vast, there would be some school within us where there would be little conflicting ideas.

I'm a 'nature nut' too and find the prana there both healing and invigorating. There is something about nature in a pristine state that reminds the soul of the intrinsic beauty of the universe.

Best wishes on finding an answer that is satisfactory to you.

Aum Namasivaya