PDA

View Full Version : Ever present Gita-Guru

harih
18 February 2016, 05:01 AM
The fourth chapter of the Gita opens with the dramatic statement

Imam Vivasvate Yogam Proktavaan Aham Avyayam
Vivasvaan Manave Praaha Manurikshvaakave Abravit

Of this Guru-Parampara, Lord Krishna and Lord Manu are not with us in bodily form. But Lord Vivasvaan is ever with us - giving us light, heat and knowledge as Surya-Narayana.

It is well known that Rshi Yajnavalkya did penance on Lord Surya and received the Shukla Yajur Veda through the lord's grace. Srimad Bhagavatham gives the stuti of Rshi Yajnavalkya extolling lord Surya.

Some astrological classics state that Lord Surya if suitably placed in Navamsa gives the secret knowledge of Vedanta and Bhagavad Gita.

Lord Surya is pleased even by humble and sincere Namaskar daily.

So - Gita students - if you make it a practice of worshipping lord Surya daily, you will get amazing results - try it for yourself!

Anirudh
19 February 2016, 05:53 PM
Wow....

A wonderful piece of advice backed by beautiful explanation.

Thank you very much.

These days most of us hardly wakeup before sun rise leave alone doing Soorya Namaskar.

There must have been a discussion about the Soorya Namaskar procedure in the past. Could you please give links so that this thread is complete.

harih
21 February 2016, 08:07 PM
Glad to see the response. I dont know the Yogic Surya Namaskar procedure. I have heard that it needs to be learnt from a Yoga Instructor. I will search and append any such links if found from past discussions.

I think you can simply offer humble prostrations to lord Surya͵ twice a day.

harih
21 February 2016, 08:21 PM
Namaskar

I havent been able to locate earlier discussions on Sun salutation. If anyone is interested in posting more on the subject I‘d be grateful.