PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Ramayana

pkmandir
13 May 2007, 10:09 PM
Can anyone answer me the following questions?

Was there a threta yug? How far does it date back?

Can monkeys really build a bridge? If yes, why is not the same phenomenon happening now.

Archaelogically, is there a proof to substantiate that the Ayodhya in UP is the real Ayodhya.

Mayavi rath real or fantasy. Why was not the technology repeated.

Arvind Sivaraman
13 May 2007, 11:42 PM

Can monkeys really build a bridge? If yes, why is not the same phenomenon happening now.

Archaelogically, is there a proof to substantiate that the Ayodhya in UP is the real Ayodhya.

Om Shirdi Sai Ram.
Namaste.
1)The ancient puranas like Srimad Bhagawatham authored by the Great Sage Ved Vyas suggests that there exited 4 yugas. a)Sata Yuga b)Treta Yuga c)Dwapara Yuga & d)Kali Yuga.
The Treta Yuga dates back roughly to about 17,50,000 years ago.
2) There was a boon given to Nalan and Neel (Monkeys) that if they throw stones and rocks into the water it would float in the water.
3) Ayodhya is near Sarayu river.Thus we can conclude that Ayodhya is in UP.
4)Mayavi Rath.I do not know about it.

satay
14 May 2007, 01:26 AM
namaste Shisya Dave,
Your scripture says this in Gensis

1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Is there a proof to substantiate that the universe was created in six days?

Agnideva
14 May 2007, 10:15 AM
Namaste PKMandir,

Let me, in response, ask something more profound. Do these above questions really matter? Does a person who revels in reading and listening to the Ramayana do so because of the story itself, or because he believes in Rama as the Lord-Incarnate? In other words, does the Ramayana make Rama, or does Rama make Ramayana?

OM Shanti,
A.

sm78
14 May 2007, 11:04 AM

The answers to most of your questions have been provided by Arvind Ji. Why technology is not repeated is not a very difficult question to answer, many technologies have been lost in the period of known history ~ some being re-discovered. Here were are talking about an Age much beyond the pale of any known history (1.7million years!!)...a period before the last known ice age ended.

Anyway, all these for those who believe that Puranas are literal truths which happened exactly as narrated.

Most Hindu's understand scriptures in Sthula and Suksma arthas ~ gross & subtle meaning.

And unlike 3 monotheistic religions where God didn't gave any instruction on where meanings are subtle or literal ~ leaving it to the creativity of the followers to interpret as per their convinience (which we are seeing most thses days).

In Hinduism the keys to uncover the subtle meaning are the
1. Rules of Sanskrit Grammer
2. Philosophical relevance.

No important scripture and particularly Sutras (but applies to puranas and itihasas as well) are read without referring to a Bhasya or commentry. Commentries differ with sects.

Hope this helps you with your effort to understand dharma.

vainq
24 August 2007, 12:17 AM
http://www.namadwaar.org/articles/pearlsramayana.html

http://www.namadwaar.org/articles/lessonfromramayana.html