PDA

View Full Version : Learning about Lord Shiva

Mystical Soul
03 May 2016, 02:26 PM
Namiste I appreciate the topic that is now closed regarding Shiva scriptures. Unfortunately, I live in an area where there are no temples dedicated to Shiva. Much of what I learn is from this forum, and www.himalayanacademy.com/

so I deeply appreciate the contributions of those who share knowledge and reading links. Is there a Shiva organization comparable to JK YOG /www.jkyog.org where they have retreats and lessons regarding growing with Shiva. I have the books from the Himalayan Academy and enrolled in a class from there. They really have been helpful. Just wondering if there is anything closer than Hawaii where the academy is and if so how might I get in touch with them.

Thank you
Aum
MS

Eastern Mind
04 May 2016, 06:47 AM
Vannakkam MS: There is nothing that I know of. Within Saivism the 'ashram' concept that you are looking for is practically non-existent. There is a fairly distinct line between the sannyasi path and the householder path. Perhaps in Rishikesh or Haridwar something might exist. Best wishes in your studies.

There are a few Himalayan Academy (Saiva Siddhanta Church) members who live in California, but I don't know if anyone holds regular classes. The monks would know, if you asked them.

Aum Namasivaya

Mystical Soul
04 May 2016, 10:54 PM
Thank you EM

yajvan
05 May 2016, 01:59 PM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~
namasté

'Learning' is both outward and inward facing...
We come to learn from books and from others - this is outward. Then we come to know ( beyond learn) śivaḥ within our own selves - He
is none other than our core Being. We are informed yatastvaṁ śivasamo'si - 'because you are identical with śivaḥ' from others that
have come to find this to be perfectly true. This builds conviction. We then are well-set to find this for ourselves.
Both knowledge and experience are essential.

इतिशिवं
iti śivaṁ

pritamsharma1929
15 July 2019, 04:29 AM
Lord Shiva is the creator and the Supreme energy that has helped me understand myself and look at things from a clear perspective. I have been an ardent devotee since 10 years now. I also have a worn many Rudraksha that are known to originate from the tear drop of Lord Shiva. After wearing the Rudraksh (https://www.rudraksha-ratna.com/articles/rudraksha)I have experienced considerable change in my life.