PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Rose
21 August 2016, 03:19 PM
Hello,

Thank you for letting me join your forum.

I have been a believer in Santana Dharma for most of my life but as a white American have never really felt connected with it as a religion. I currently consider myself a convert even though I am not converting from anything. I was raised in a non-religious household as my mother had been before me. She grew up in India and lived in Nepal as a young adult as a result of this she believes in many Hindu tenets such as dharma, karma, and reincarnation that she taught me as a child. I have been reading religious texts for a number of years and attending a local temple for about a year now. I am looking for greater philosphical depth as well as a greater understanding of the religion as a whole. I really struggle with the fact that this is very much an Indian religion. I truly don't want people to think I come to this from a place other than faith and respect.

I look forward to learning more about this great tradition.

devotee
21 August 2016, 11:59 PM
Welcome to the forums, Rose ! :)

OM

Believer
22 August 2016, 07:38 AM
Namaste,

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for the detailed intro.

I really struggle with the fact that this is very much an Indian religion.
It is of Indian origin but available to all to practice.

Pranam.

Anirudh
22 August 2016, 03:54 PM
Namaste

Welcome. Very nice intro. This is a great forum to learn and help others to learn. When we don't find answers to all of our questions or when our inferences derived from past experiences turn out to be wrong in new circumstances, we fall back on the religion or spirituality.

We can easily relate to Kinetic energy but can we do the same for Potential energy?

c.smith
24 August 2016, 08:41 PM
Hari Om!

Welcome Rose. Nice to see you here and that you have shared some of your story. Looking forward to getting to know more through your posts.

Om