PDA

View Full Version : Have a Good Day

sm78
16 May 2007, 11:12 AM
Today is Amabasya or the night before the new moon day of the month. Auspicious time when we are closest to Abyakta / unmanifest consciousness. A great time to perform maha-nisha sandhya and Kali Puja ~ those who can, that is. ;)

I am not qualified enough to write in more glorious language about either maha nisha or kali puja, but thought of saying "Have a Good Day" in the canteen section.

Btw, I am also leaving for a 10 day pilgrimage to the himalayan abodes of Lords Shiva ~ particularly, 2 of his lesser visited Kedar shrines (Madhya Maheswar & Tunga Nath). So will be off from the forum for some time.

Namaste.
S

Agnideva
16 May 2007, 11:27 AM
Namaste S,

Today is Amabasya or the night before the new moon day of the month. Auspicious time when we are closest to Abyakta / unmanifest consciousness. A great time to perform maha-nisha sandhya and Kali Puja ~ those who can, that is. ;)
I am not qualified enough to write in more glorious language about either maha nisha or kali puja, but thought of saying "Have a Good Day" in the canteen section.
After this amavasya (new moon), during the next lunation we will be in the Adhika Masa (intercalary thirteenth lunar month). While some consider the intercalary month inauspicious (there are no festivals celebrated), others consider it very auspicious for spiritual advancement, meditation, etc.

Btw, I am also leaving for a 10 day pilgrimage to the himalayan abodes of Lords Shiva ~ particularly, 2 of his lesser visited Kedar shrines (Madhya Maheswar & Tunga Nath). So will be off from the forum for some time.May your yatra (pilgrimage) be fruitful and blessed.

Regards,
A.

satay
16 May 2007, 02:13 PM
Btw, I am also leaving for a 10 day pilgrimage to the himalayan abodes of Lords Shiva ~ particularly, 2 of his lesser visited Kedar shrines (Madhya Maheswar & Tunga Nath). So will be off from the forum for some time.

Namaste.
S

You must have done some good karma.

Like Agni, I too wish you well in your yatra. Don't forget to take lots of pictures and then please post them here on HDF.

saidevo
16 May 2007, 08:25 PM
Namaste Satay,

Best wishes for a fruitful yAtra. Please pray to Lord Shiva to give us the Hindus the conviction, tact, courage and knowledge from the grassroot level to the elite to fight the adharmic forces and restore Bharat to her ancient glory.