PDA

View Full Version : Seeking help for root chakra(muladhara)

ujjal05
23 November 2016, 09:49 AM
Hello people
I have very weak lower chakras(root chakra, Manipura and I guess swadhishthana too), especially root chakra is very weak. I have been meditating for a while but I do not see much improvements. Maybe, I am doing something incorrect. Right now, my most important concern is to activate the root chakra. I like mantra meditation because I can use it even when my environment is not fully silent. I like Mahamrityunjaya mantra but I have doubts if this would help me clean my root chakra. The reason why I am asking this is I have heard that this mantra works for all the chakras and especially for solar plexus. So, if I use it then it wont help much with my root chakra and root chakra is the foundation.If I wont first work with the foundation separately then the whole effort will be a mess. This is what I think and I may be wrong. Please, let me know the truth if this will work as I love this mantra so much. Also I have tried "Om gam ganapataye namah" but I dont see good results.Please, help me decide and please suggest me ways or methods or ideas that will help me with my root chakra. Everyone is heart fully welcome

c.smith
23 November 2016, 07:54 PM
Hari Om!

What a great query! Although am not familiar with the power of the mantras you have asked about on the chakras, some use the bija mantras for each chakra. The bija mantra for the root chakra, for example, is lam - pronounced LAAM. Perhaps you could google for the remaining mantras. These can easily be used in meditation. I do this myself and have had good results. The root chakra has been difficult for me too.

If you end of trying this suggestion, please share your experiences with me as would be very interested in them.

All the best.

Om

ujjal05
24 November 2016, 12:55 AM
Thanks dear for your valuable answer.

I I have read about this mantra before but have not used it much yet because of fear of not getting benefitted.You have opened my eyes and from today on, I am going to chant it at night. I select chanting at night because then I get my house silent. I did not use LAM but I certainly used Mahamrityunjaya intensively. One day while chanting Mahamrityunjaya I felt something(felt like kundalini) moving up and down in the spine region beneath the neck region. I got scared. It happens when I chant like for 2 hours or more. The Mahamrityunjaya mantra is certainly very very powerful. Every single time I chant, I can realise it. When I chant I feel like my third eye and crown chakra is opening. Mahamrityunjaya mantra has a great affect on the crown chakra. It hits the upper chakras very sharply. For me, it has cleared heart chakra, throat chakra, third eye, and crown chakra but since my root chakra is very weak, the upper chakras are not getting enough support. I don't know why Mahamrityunjaya mantra is not powering the root chakra. It does as I get to learn that it works right from the root chakra. I read this in a website written by a Babaji. May be my root chakra is very weak. Yes it is. I know because I experience life . I get the clues.

devotee
24 November 2016, 11:42 PM
Namaste,

I have very weak lower chakras(root chakra, Manipura and I guess swadhishthana too), especially root chakra is very weak. I have been meditating for a while but I do not see much improvements. Maybe, I am doing something incorrect. Right now, my most important concern is to activate the root chakra. I like mantra meditation because I can use it even when my environment is not fully silent. I like Mahamrityunjaya mantra but I have doubts if this would help me clean my root chakra. The reason why I am asking this is I have heard that this mantra works for all the chakras and especially for solar plexus. So, if I use it then it wont help much with my root chakra and root chakra is the foundation.If I wont first work with the foundation separately then the whole effort will be a mess. This is what I think and I may be wrong. Please, let me know the truth if this will work as I love this mantra so much. Also I have tried "Om gam ganapataye namah" but I dont see good results.Please, help me decide and please suggest me ways or methods or ideas that will help me with my root chakra. Everyone is heart fully welcome

Normally, I refrain from entering into such discussion whenever such questions come on the forum but I feel I must get my doubts clarified. I am a practising Advaitin and my practice involves activation of the higher Chakras. The practice that I have learnt has been taught to me by my Guru. Different schools of Shnkaracharya practise activation of higher chakras either by recital of mantras or through other meditational / Yogic practices. These practices match with what I have also learnt from different Upanishads.
I find some sites advocating activation of lower chakras and that baffles me as the question of OP. To my understanding, we are bound the lower realms of existence because our lower chakras are more activated and that binds us with lust for sex and other physical pleasures. The more the higher chakras are activated, the influence of lower chakras gets overcome. Once the Heart Chakra is activated, the real spiritual journey upwards starts and there is no going back of the consciousness to temptation related to lower chakras.
So, what I have been taught is that we have to move to higher chakras so that influence of emotions/lust/hunger related to lower chakras are diminished and real thirst for spiritual bliss arises. So, it is quite baffling when someone comes with a request as has been made on this forum.
Can anyone enlighten me on this ? What is the Truth behind all this ? Does it have any scriptural backing ? Is it endorsed by any school of Sannyaasis ? Or is it just a money minting idea generated by self-proclaimed Yogis to fool the gullibles ?
OM

ujjal05
25 November 2016, 01:17 AM
Namaste

You are true that the higher chakras are more important because they are more connected to the spirituality. But, in my experience the lower chakras the role of providing us support so that we can move up. My upper chakras are very much balanced and I guess very near to activation process. I can sense this because I see colours related to the chakras. I see green(heart chakra), indigo(third eye) and others. I see these colours when I close my eyes. But, after intense meditation, I see these colours with my eyes open, especially in the dark. I have never seen any colors related to the lower chakras. A few times, I have seen red but it is very rare. I think if your lower chakras are balanced then you don't have to think about them and you can easily work with your higher chakras. But if your lower chakras are very weak or closed(like in my case) then the work you do with the higher chakras are in vain. This is what I read in the websites and I feel the same from my experience. May be I am wrong. But, I really need to work with my lower chakras because I am greatly unbalanced. I need a base upon which I can build my house. If I don't have a base then I fall down too often, I know. I don't know which is the truth but I think it's more like what works for you the best.

Thanks

anirvan
25 November 2016, 05:49 AM
Namaste Devotee,

Your argument is wrong and based poor understanding of yogic science. As a consciousness we are sitting at the base,mula chakra. our self is like double engine train. Front engine start working only at 5th gear. and rear engine propels the train till 4th gear.

When mula chakra is weak,it means it"s flow of energy is down/pravriti/lust. when its strong or activated means its direction of flow is upward/ nivriti. Muladhara is the primodal source or energy of our existance, without it,we can never focus on higher chakras/consciousness. unless the consciousness sitting at the mula is not ascends to higher chakras,how can it meditate/ imagine the higher chakras. So strong and ascending mula chakra will gradually reach sahasrara,the highest consciousness.

devotee
25 November 2016, 07:49 AM
Namaste Anirvan,

I didn't give "my" argument and I didn't claim that my understanding of Yogic science was anyway better than even a laymen in my post. I just wanted to know if it has any scriptural support. Whatever I have stated and what is practised by various schools of Shankara is supported by Upanishads. You may refer to Upanishads for that.

The need for focusing on strengthening MoolAdhAr Chakra, if indeed is essential, must have some scriptural support. This is what I wanted to know.

OM

markandeya 108 dasa
26 November 2016, 06:33 AM
Namaste,

I will share a technique that I have used for some time which brings a nice balance in ones being, most of the teachings is to help bring us to balance, equanimity which is the foundation of seeking the Absolute.

I know each Chakra will have different attributes, and as far as I understand even if one is focused on heart or Crown or a base Chakras, all will only operate in the best way when there is balance, and this technique of chanting Om I have found gives a good balance and stability.

The technique in chanting/reciting/vibrating the sound syllables Om with A-U-M, or the way I was taught this was to prounce the A in the lower regions, between base of spine up to the rib cage feeling the vibration of A in this area, the U which is vibrated in the chest region and lastly M which is then very nasal focusing the vibration in the head area or round the nose giving more balance in Third eye or opening the third eye however one terms it.

It may take some time to get used to, and chanting OM for to long is also not recommended its very powerful, so short periods of this to bring mental and physical balance is enough before either meditation and perhaps sloka reflection/digestion or whatever is ones practice.

I have been taught this in this way.

Firstly breath in fully in good sitting posture and fill the lungs, hold for a second and then on the outlet just Chant A prolonged focusing the sound vibration in the 3rd region between rib cage and base of spine. Do this 3 times to get accustomed to chanting A in this area, breathing in deeply and surely, one may or shoudl get a tranquil feeling in this area, a calming and balancing.

Secondly do the same in the chest Heart Region for U, after some time or immediately one might feel a warm feeling in the chest.

Lastly and not least M. This is a bit strained to get at the start, to get the nasal vibration feeling on the M, this will open some more focused energy between the eyes.

After 3 rounds of each individual chanting or A-U and M take the same step to take in nice deep breath naturallly from the base of the stomach in relaxed way hold for a second and then in one Chant do A in 3rd Region, U in second Region and M in third region in one go. One can do this for about 5-10 mins or at least 3 times.

On the front page in search one can type AUM and search in titles or all post and there is a wealth of information about AUM.

I hope this helps

Jai Guru Datta

ujjal05
27 November 2016, 09:48 AM
Thanks dear

Thanks for sharing for your method to clear the chakras. I had heard of something similar to this in a video. They were talking about some technique to cleanse the chakras with the supreme sound AUM. I think it works very well for that matter. I would try to incorporate that in my meditation routine.

Thanks again

Om Namah Shivaya

realdemigod
28 November 2016, 10:31 AM
Hello people

Namaste,
I might sound judgemental but from your question it seems like you don't believe it will work and may be that is the belief system or mindset with which you practise meditation. Muladara chakra is most underrated chakra and no body gives it enough credit. It takes care of our basic survival. All fears are stored in this chakra and this I know from scientifc research as fears lead to stress and stress gives you backache, neck and other spinal discomforts. People with no stress even doing spine crushing work, they don't experience backaches. The base of spine, thereby overall spine if taken care of will keep the body in a healthy state which is stress free. So if you have fears start changing your belief system. And from my personal experience I can tell you it works and the chakra has four dieties but worshipping Ganesha is good enough for the entire chakra. You make peace with Him and it will be all well.

There are some really good videos on Muladara chakra by a lady called Neeta Singhal on YouTube. She is really good and her advice is quite practical.