PDA

View Full Version : Govt sanctioned history for our neighbor

Believer
08 August 2017, 09:37 AM
Namaste,

This was news to me. Whereas in Indian schools history is taught as a chronology of the past events, in the neighboring country, their Govt. has manufactured history and that is the only version that teachers are authorized to teach. No wonder the level of hatred and distrust among their citizens towards India is astronomical.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-40706217

Pranam.

TTCUSM
03 September 2017, 04:54 PM
Namaste Believer,

I once had an Egyptian colleague at a previous employer who told me that Saudi Arabia didn't become a fundamentalist state until Muslim Brotherhood activists settled there during the 20th century.
There's often more than meets the eye when it comes to history.

Anirudh
08 September 2017, 05:23 PM
Namaste Believer,

Thanks for sharing a wonderful article, these days due to work pressure not able to spend time here at HDF. Felt sad no one turned up to wish ourselves on 15th Aug this year (or probably I did not check the forum correctly).

Though in my personal opinion India is about three years old, we all must respect the history and so do I.

Recent developments in India disturbed me especially the children deaths and continuous rail derailing incidents, politicizing plus traumatizing plus sullying the educational reforms to win elections and fill coffers of those who sell education etc etc.

Hope to spend quality time here after this month....

Wish every one an advance Navarathri celebrations....