PDA

View Full Version : I quote rule 4 for administrators

rkannan1
13 April 2006, 04:05 PM
I ask satay and Bhakti Yoga Seeker (http://hindudharmaforums.com/member.php?u=10) the following questions. According to rule no.4

No "Offensive" Posts, Links or Images: This site is for positive presentation of Sanatana Dharma, therefore, please do not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist, discriminatory, or otherwise in violation of any local or international laws. This includes links in your signature, profile, bookmarks as well as posted images, photos and avatars. Site administrators will ultimately decide if something is appropriate or not.

Let us see what Arjun has posted and how he violated this rule. Still I see the administrators themselves not deleted such messages, while promptly deleting my reply with only one mistake of using wrong word once. I wonder why ?

In post #51 Arjun uses explcitly vulgar sexual language. I quote it here for moderators.

Originally Posted by Arjuna
Let us not compare whose linga is longer ;)
In post #53, Arjun writes explicitly sexual languages about a belief system (thereby providing very negative picture of sanatana dharma), Gaudiyas without any proof whatsoever. He even accuses a personality like Chaitanya having sex with other person's wives. I ask why did the administrators not delete this post ?

Originally Posted by Arjuna
U would be surprised but even followers of Chaitanya used sexual practices, that too usually with other's wives. Prabhu Nityananda supposedly (not 100% sure, but evidences are there) was a vamachari-sadhaka (btw many people opposed him and tried to convince Chaitanya against him for his "strange" practices and association with low castes). As a fact, his younger wife was a sahajiya tantric Guru! When she visited Vrindavana Goswamis did pranams to her.
Many followers of Chaitanya were sahajiyas and used sexual practices. There are numerous vaishnava texts describing this.

Lakshmi-tantra, one of Pancharatra-agamas, describes ritual use of sex.
In Jagannatha temple till recent times group sexual rituals were held. Previously even 5M of Tantra were used. Nowadays anukalpas are used, but archkas still say to Jagannatha while offering substitute "this is meat" etc.

satay
13 April 2006, 04:50 PM
If anyone find posts that they think are against the rules of the site then they should 'report' that post. Did you report any of the offending posts?

The mods are trying to do their best. It is almost impossible to read every post. It is assumed that members of this forum are adults and will behave in a mutually respectable manner.

If you see an offending post in the future by all means report it instead of taking matters in your own hands and making personal attacks on other members.

satay

Bhakti Yoga Seeker
13 April 2006, 11:17 PM
Moderator Note:

Please note the description following the word "offensive." This does not apply to another user's opinions that happen to unintentionally hurt your feelings. When we say "offensive" we mean the type of content that is inappropriate across the board such as profanity, personal attacks, bigotry, etc. Questioning the validity of a guru may offend someone who follows that guru but that does not make the statement inappropriate. The statements you are referring may contain criticism, accusations, or harsh questioning, but they do not contain bigotry, foul language, or personal attacks and thus I did not determine them to be inappropriate. As for other things, we don't catch everything and it is a judgment call whether to delete something, warn the user and leave it, or simply ignore it when it is often borderline.

Also, users should not expect to receive warnings at any time. We expect users to behave like adults. If you fail to use sound judgment at an adult level before posting your comments, expect consequences if they are out of line. It is not our job to coach every individual user on how to behave on the forums. Such information is already contained in the site rules, tos, faq, and other locations. Please use intelligent judgment. One way of looking at this is that if you wouldn't say it out loud in a crowded elevator or in a temple hall, don't say it here.

Do you have any questions or comments about moderation policy? If so, please send a private message to Bhakti Yoga Seeker or contact one of the other administrators of this website. Namaste. ~BYS~