PDA

View Full Version : Rishi Kashyap father of Devtas and Daityas

BhaktiSevak
19 August 2018, 08:07 PM
Hi All

I am curious about an abstract that I read somewhere that Rishi Kashyap married 13 of the 100 daughters of King Daksha. Out of these 13 wives of Kashyap 3 were Aditi, Diti and Danu. Aditi gave birth to Devtas (Gods), Diti gave birth to Daityas (Demons), Danu gave birth to Danavs (Demons). How can a woman in a marriage with a Rishi (actually a Maharishi) bear demons as her children unless she is an Asura (Demon) as well? This also means that Daityas and Devtas are step-brothers!

I am also curious how would the spiritual practises work in such family where same father has Gods and Demons as his progeny? What kind of diet and spiritual practises would run in such family? How would it all work?

Indialover
20 August 2018, 02:32 PM
Namaste BhaktiSevak

Deva and daitya are two sides of one medal - one Kashyapa two wifes.

There are also ‚good‘ demons
Bali was a devotee of Vishnu granting Him in His Vamana avatar all He asked for; Ravana was a Shiva devotee composing Shiva Tandava Stotra.

Shukra, son of Bhrigu maharishi, was the preceptor of the daityas.

The Kauravas (the bad ones) arrived in swarga prior to the Pandavas (the good ones).

In mythology there is again and again a mix of both - the distinction between good and bad has been devised by man.

In the esoteric sense Diti means the limited consciousness, Aditi the unlimited consciousness.

Pranam