PDA

View Full Version : Eyesight different after 550000 chants of aum namah shivaya in 43 days

amith
04 October 2018, 02:17 PM
Hello

Actually it was 5500 x 108 chants
I aimed to complete it in 40 days but went over
Each chant was about 2 seconds each
This was at the begining of this year

After completion and even up to now i feel as if my eyesight is different.
Colours look different. Richer.
When i look at streetlights at night they look more golden
Even the sunlight in the morning looks more golden.

Anyone know whats going on?

markandeya 108 dasa
11 October 2018, 05:39 AM
Namaste Amith,

Thats quite some dedicated sadhana and practice, kudos and a nice phala or fruit. The brain carries natural dmt, serotonin, meltotonin and other natural chemicals that effect its function for maximum health and potential. While the Brain is not the root of consciousness it is a very important organ, a vital organ and transmitter. Many of the sadhanas and practices of mantra and pranayama are related to brain and neuro systems and unblocking and releasing potentials, the hath yoga system was based on this also.

According to science all external matter is black/white/grey, you may have to double check, and our brain interprets and photoshops, colours in our perceptions, outside observations of matter, so by that sadhana it seems that you increased and released natural chemicals that improved the brain function or bringing it to its potential which will be aware also of that which is not physical. In the vedic language this would be some form of soma.

One point, while its good to understand, the mystery of that greater awareness should not be lost, if it is explained to much we can lose it to some degree, I walk through the country often, some days are just days of wonder, no need for thought or interpretation. .

Viraja
18 October 2018, 07:04 PM
Wow! Kudos to your sadhana! Did you know, one Smt. Jahnavi Harrison says something similar in one of her videos - "That mantra recitation/music is used as therapy in mental health institutions and so far seems to have some really encouraging feedback! ~~ The idea is to provide a 'newer and healthier groove for the thought pattern to focus on and to erase gradually what one has acquired for in many of the mentally troubled, it is their thought that needs to be changed'. "

Like MD ji suggests, mantra meditation has so much to do with the brain and all of its functionalities! Amazing! Enjoy!

amith
03 November 2018, 12:25 PM
Namaste Amith,

Thats quite some dedicated sadhana and practice, kudos and a nice phala or fruit. The brain carries natural dmt, serotonin, meltotonin and other natural chemicals that effect its function for maximum health and potential. While the Brain is not the root of consciousness it is a very important organ, a vital organ and transmitter. Many of the sadhanas and practices of mantra and pranayama are related to brain and neuro systems and unblocking and releasing potentials, the hath yoga system was based on this also.

According to science all external matter is black/white/grey, you may have to double check, and our brain interprets and photoshops, colours in our perceptions, outside observations of matter, so by that sadhana it seems that you increased and released natural chemicals that improved the brain function or bringing it to its potential which will be aware also of that which is not physical. In the vedic language this would be some form of soma.

One point, while its good to understand, the mystery of that greater awareness should not be lost, if it is explained to much we can lose it to some degree, I walk through the country often, some days are just days of wonder, no need for thought or interpretation. .

NAMASTE

thanks for the helpful responses. Sorry for the delayed response, i thought this post did not get posted. It took long to appear here. I'm only seeing it now.

I was worried that something maybe wrong with my eyes. After searching the internet endlessly i couldnt find anything like this.

Markadeya:
Your very indepth explanation makes alot of sense.
Im not longer worried.

Viraja : i will find that video thanks for sharing