PDA

View Full Version : why even the great acharyas have different view of God?

Siddharth
05 February 2019, 05:56 AM
Adhi shankaracharya said: We are the Brahman.Jeevatma and paramatma are one and the same And this world is maya(which is surely not). He said that Brahman is impersonal and without any attributes and passtimes.

Ramanujacharya said: Brahman is both with and without attributes.He can have pass times and jeevatma becomes paramatma when it is purified. he says that this world is not mitya.

Madvacharya said: The jeevatma and paramatma are never identical(which makes me sad lol) and liberation can be achieved only though the grace of god.

Why each acharya condemn the other? They are the all knowing scholars then why did they have different perceptions of god?Whom should we follow?
To me Visistadvaita is more appealing.

Indialover
05 February 2019, 02:00 PM
Namaste

They are mystics, philosophers, great souls. This is why their teachings are called ‚darshana‘ – their respective view, their interpretation of the mystery.

In Hinduism (as opposed to the Abrahamic religions) everyone is free to read and interprete the vast corpus of scriptures as he likes and choose freely what inspires him most and whom he follows. In addition, he can make his own thoughts and express them freely.

Pranam

Dutta
06 February 2019, 12:12 AM
Namaste

They are mystics, philosophers, great souls. This is why their teachings are called ‚darshana‘ – their respective view, their interpretation of the mystery.

In Hinduism (as opposed to the Abrahamic religions) everyone is free to read and interprete the vast corpus of scriptures as he likes and choose freely what inspires him most and whom he follows. In addition, he can make his own thoughts and express them freely.

Pranam
NAMSTE
imagining a black cat in dark room or thinking philosophic may be a possible act but i have never met a person or any baba in india who have caught it .
JSK