PDA

View Full Version : Bhagavatam

timetraveler
05 July 2019, 10:54 PM
Namaste,

I thought about posting about Srimad Bhagavatam for a little while now.

I feel it's good take it as a whole, i.e., listen to a whole chapter at a time. In any case here is a nice verse.

SB 3.25.27

asevayāyaṁ prakṛter guṇānāṁ
 jñānena vairāgya-vijṛmbhitena
yogena mayy arpitayā ca bhaktyā
 māṁ pratyag-ātmānam ihāvarundhe

Thus by not engaging in the service of the modes of material nature but by developing Kṛṣṇa consciousness, knowledge in renunciation, and by practicing yoga, in which the mind is always fixed in devotional service unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead, one achieves My association in this very life, for I am the Supreme Personality, the Absolute Truth.

Please share your favorite stories, chapters, and simply discuss. Srimad Bhagavatam katha (discussion) is beautiful.

Peace and love and best wishes.

If you have any questions, I have (heard) the Bhagavatam several times, and I'll be happy to help.

Peace and best wishes.

timetraveler
06 July 2019, 08:36 PM
Srimad Bhagavatam Canto 3, Chapter 25 v. 25

satāṁ prasaṅgān mama vīrya-saṁvido
 bhavanti hṛt-karṇa-rasāyanāḥ kathāḥ
taj-joṣaṇād āśv apavarga-vartmani
 śraddhā ratir bhaktir anukramiṣyati

In the association of pure devotees, discussion of the pastimes and activities of the Supreme Personality of Godhead is very pleasing and satisfying to the ear and the heart. By cultivating such knowledge one gradually becomes advanced on the path of liberation, and thereafter he is freed, and his attraction becomes fixed. Then real devotion and devotional service begin.