PDA

View Full Version : Adopting

satay
11 June 2007, 09:50 AM
namaste,
Does anyone know the ins and out of adopting a child from India? So far, I found that one has to go through an adoption agency but also know of people here in Canada that adopted children from 'family?' Not sure how that works.

MysticalGypsi
11 June 2007, 11:00 PM
I just know US requirements which I think are similiar because India sets them. It is a long process. You have to go through a home study and assessments and gather a lot of paperwork. You have to wait quite awhile, up to 12 months for placement. Although since you are Indian maybe sooner or different requirements? Various adoption agencies do things a little differently. We had to take classes, etc.

satay
19 June 2007, 08:53 AM
I just know US requirements which I think are similiar because India sets them. It is a long process. You have to go through a home study and assessments and gather a lot of paperwork. You have to wait quite awhile, up to 12 months for placement. Although since you are Indian maybe sooner or different requirements? Various adoption agencies do things a little differently. We had to take classes, etc.

Thanks MG for this.

devisarada
07 September 2007, 03:42 PM
namaste,
Does anyone know the ins and out of adopting a child from India? So far, I found that one has to go through an adoption agency but also know of people here in Canada that adopted children from 'family?' Not sure how that works.

Namaste Satay,

Dhaman P. Kissoon - a Toronto, Canada Family Law LawyerDhaman P. Kissoon. Firm:, Kissoon and Associates. Address:, 8 Beamish Dr. Toronto, ON M9B 3P3, Canada. Phone:, (416) 234-1446. Fax:, (416) 234-0154 ...

Roop N Sharma 942 Gerrard St E Toronto, Ontario M4M 1Z2 416-461-0467

If you're still looking, these lawyers might help point you in the right direction.

vcindiana
07 September 2007, 07:35 PM
namaste,

Mr. Satay: For your info we are proud parents of a beautiful girl adopted from India. It has been 20 years since we did this and it is amazing we learnt a lot more about Love. It is another personal experience of mine how the loving God worked in our lives despite the rough times and challenges we faced in the upbringing of this girl.
We contacted the agency in Seattle; address is http://www.wacap.org (http://www.wacap.org/) We found our girl in an orphanage in Bangalore. There were lots of hurdles, but it was worth all the trouble. I wish more people of Indian origin in addition to their biologic children adopt these youngsters who have no hope.
If you need more info please contact me through my e mail.

It will be an experience you will not regret. Please remember you get more than what the child gets from you. Hope I can be of help to you.

atanu
08 September 2007, 04:04 AM
----- Please remember you get more than what the child gets from you. Hope I can be of help to you.

Namaste,

This is nice. This is true, in general, of the whole existence but we forget it.

Om