PDA

View Full Version : Did you ever know about temples on a straight line?

Viraja
28 March 2021, 08:06 AM
Namaste,

It is believed that worshiping Saneeswarar at Thirunallar in TN, India is very powerful to bring about Lord Saturn's grace especially during troublesome times and they speculate it is because the temple is located strategically at a point where orbiting Saturn will be closest to earth during every transit precisely at this spot. They say the Saturnian influence is thus strongest at this point.

So coming to the subject of this thread, in India, many Shiva temples are located in a straight line longitudinally all over, from North of India to the South and visiting all of them one by one, is so auspicious. (Similar to worshiping the Jyotirlingas in a sequence).

In fact, it is not just Lord Shiva temples, but many Mariamman temples and some Narasimha temples are placed in this manner, sharing Latitude, or Longitude, and locally, devotees flock to the temples in a sequence, if possible on the same day, if they are also geographically located closer.

The Shiva temples located on the same longitude are:

Kedarnath – Kedarnath Temple (30.7352° N, 79.0669)
Kaleshwaram – Kaleshwara Mukteeshwara swamy Temple (18.8110, 79.9067)
Srikalahati – Srikalahasti Temple (13.749802, 79.698410)
Kanchipuram – Ekambareswarar Temple (12.847604, 79.699798)
Thiruvanaikaval – Jambukeswara Temple (10.853383, 78.705455)
Tiruvannamalai – Annamalaiyar Temple (12.231942, 79.067694)
Chidambaram – Nataraja Temple (11.399596, 79.693559)
Rameswaram – Ramanathaswamy Temple(9.2881, 79.3174)

Wondering what could be the possible explanation for this alignment.......

Thanks and regards,

Viraja

Indialover
30 March 2021, 04:05 AM
Dear Viraja,

When I read Rameshvaram and Kedarnath I immediately thought that this is the flight route of Hanuman to the Himalayas.

Due to the large number of temples in India I think there are much more along this longitude, why did you choose these eight ones? Do they have anything in common?

Pranam

Viraja
30 March 2021, 07:22 AM
Due to the large number of temples in India I think there are much more along this longitude, why did you choose these eight ones? Do they have anything in common?

Namaste,

I thought given the importance of each of those temples in the longitude list (size, relatedness to an ithihasa, number of devotees who throng there, etc), it is highly significant they are located on almost the same longitude, and hence shared.

For further reading: https://www.adotrip.com/blog/exploring-the-unsolved-mystery-of-the-ancient-shiva-temples

Pranam.