PDA

View Full Version : Ganesha and Jyotish - the connection

yajvan
17 June 2007, 10:18 AM
Hari Om
~~~~~~
OM Vinayanka Siddheem Vinayaka Namah

Namaste

Today Chandra's tithi is Sukla (bright half , yet sukla is white) + Tritiya or 3rd. Tritiya tithi is owned by Gauri. Gauri is also known as Parvati, Lord Siva's consort. She is too is called Heramba, mother of Ganesa, also mother of Kartikaya or Skanda. Parviti = She of the mountains, as parvata = mountain.

So today is the 3rd tithi owned by Paraviti, and tomorrow then is Chaturthi (the 4th) tithi owned by Ganesa.

I thought I would add a bit more on Ganapati, from some previous posts, as He is a great influence in ones chart for the sadhu.

Ketu in Jyotish is Ganapati. Mars is Skanda. Both co-own the natural 8th house, Scorpio, a moksha house. In my chart my lagna (ascendent) = Scorpio. Ketu is found in the 9th house and Mar's is found in the 12 house of my chart. It is pretty straight foward to predict my orientation to the shastras, yoga, moksha, Jyotish and the like from viewing my natal horoscope.

Ketu, my lagna lord, being in the 9th house AND also being with my Atmakaraka Mercury in most of my amsa's , or divisional Charts, Ketu ( Mokshakaraka) influences my life.

[ For those that do not have a janma kundali for their birth, and wish to have one, please let me know and I will assist in constructing one for you… yet without any interpretation. Then you can follow along with these conversations to count signs for your own chart.]

Ganesa or Ganapati is also Moksha-karaka, He very interested in Kevalya. It's worthy to note that Ganapati's mulamantra is 8 syllables… it stimulates the 8th house, a moksha house. That is, Gam ganapataye namah. His mantra's are all considered siddhi or perfection mantra's.

Ganapati also has a gayatri mantra. And we know this: Gayanatam tryate iti gayatri - the gayatri saves the chanter. We know gayatri is mantra + prayer simultaneously. for Ganapati this gayatri is from the rishi Ganaka, meter is Nrcad and the deity is Mahaganapati,no doubt:
Ekadantya vidmahe
Vkratundaya dhimahi
Tano dantih prachodayat
[ why does yajvan do the mantra's of Ganesa in gray text? It's said Ganesa is smoke gray in color]

May we know (vidmahe) the single tusked one (Eka or one + dantaya tusk or tooth)
May we meditate ( Some see Dhimahi is let our intellect be enlightened by) the one with the curved trunk (vakra or curved, bent or twisted.+ tunda = trunk, snout)
May that tusked one (dantih) inspire that knowledge and meditation of ours i.e. Prachodyat = by inspiration; fulfill the mind with wisdom)So what does this Ganapati Gayatri have to do with Jyotish?
It is of great import this gayatri stotra consists of 3 lines, each line has 8 syllables ,or phonemes, the smallest phonetic unit in a language that is capable of conveying a distinction in meaning. It then stimulates the 8th house 3X times; also think of it this way (which is the wisdom of a very insightful rishi); The natural 8th house is invigorated. Now count 8 houses from there, you end up at the another moksa house the 4th . Then count 8th from the 4th, you end up at the 12th house, another moksha house. So with the gayatri design, we stimulate the 3 moksha houses, 4th, 8th and 12th house, starting with the 8th house. Just Brilliant!

More Brilliance
We know that 3 X 8 = 24. We know that gayatri enlivens the 3 moksha houses… Now, what of this 24? This 24th division A varga chart, an amsa or divisional chart is called Siddhamsa. Who is Ganesha married to? Siddha. This divisional chart , the 24th, is stimulated by Gayatri's 24 phonemes. This chart (also called Chaturvimsamsa) is a higher level family of the 12th house (a natural moksha house). Some call this a harmonic, a higher vibration chart. It is of the mental level of life.

One's natal chart, janma kundali (birth chart) show's this plane of existence. As one goes to higher amsa's (divisions) the charts show different planes of existence. Now, Parasara muni ( the father of Jyotish and a seer in the Rig Ved) suggests divisions up to the 60th amsa (5 X 12).
At this Siddhamsa level one 'sees' the native's mental levels and assists looking at the learning process ( We know Ganesha is connected with learning yes? From his first syllable of his name GA= wisdom);

Many say this knowledge is connected with or from our immediate elders. How do we get that? Well the 12th house is one of the immediate past i.e. our elders ( mother, father, grandfather). Now these immediate elders is mother , father, but also elders like teachers, gurus and instructors of the 'elder' nature.

Sidenote: If I had not mentioned this previously ones chart shows past, present and future. It's Divided into 3 sections of 4 rasi's each ; 3 X 4 = 12 rasi's or signs = 12 houses or bhavas.

As you are know aware, the 4th house is a Moksha house, it is also one of formal education and the karaka (or indicator) of this 4th house is Mercury ( Buddhi or intellect) + Chandra ( moon or mind) - which makes perfect sense.

What else? Well the 5th house too is an important house- that of knowledge and it's karaka is Jupiter , known as Guru and karaka of dhi shakti (or Intellect/energy tattva); And we cannot forget the 9th house which is involved in knowledge from a spiritual perspective and the Karaka's there are Surya ( Atma-karaka) and Jupiter ( Guru). So this Gayatri is quite profound. And the Gayatri of Ganapati , very rewarding.

Let me stop here to allow some thoughts on this and cogitation.
More discussion on gayatri can be found on HDF post: http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7690&postcount=1 (http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7690&postcount=1)

Ekoham
18 July 2011, 03:17 AM
Hari Om
~~~~~~
OM Vinayanka Siddheem Vinayaka Namah

Namaste

[ For those that do not have a janma kundali for their birth, and wish to have one, please let me know and I will assist in constructing one for you… yet without any interpretation. Then you can follow along with these conversations to count signs for your own chart.].......

Namaste Yajvanji,

If I understand correctly this knowledge is very rare and haven't come across anybody so far who is capable of constructing a horoscope without proper details. I would be more than happy if you could construct my horoscope. Later it would be interesting to learn how you do the same (I hope you are not using prashna Kundali).

Regards

Ekoham

yajvan
18 July 2011, 10:16 AM
hariḥ oṁ
~~~~~~

namasté Ekoham

Namaste Yajvanji,

If I understand correctly this knowledge is very rare and haven't come across anybody so far who is capable of constructing a horoscope without proper details. I would be more than happy if you could construct my horoscope (DOB: 01/11/1971, POB: Kalyan, Maharashtra, India). Later it would be interesting to learn how you do the same (I hope you are not using prashna Kundali).

A few things to get the proper information.

I will need your time of birth.
I would like to know if you are male or female
I need to know your format for your date of birth - is this the 11th of January 1971 ( some see this 01/11/1971 as the 1st day of November)
I will need to have your email address as this HDF forum does not easily accept the formatting that I use. You can send this to me in a PM.
I do not use prashna Kundali
Last , I very rarely ( if ever) do interpretations of charts these days due to the time commitment required for a thorough and proper reading - my attention resides elsewhere.
praṇām