PDA

View Full Version : Questions from a Beginner

sm78
18 June 2007, 09:53 AM
How do you resolve the effect when more than one planet (3 in my case) are in the same house.

I can see various means, like what are the normal effects of each planet in each house, whether the planets in question are friendly or inimical to each-other etc...but a more concrete discussion would help.

Thanks.

yajvan
18 June 2007, 10:17 AM
Hari Om
~~~~~

How do you resolve the effect when more than one planet (3 in my case) are in the same house.

I can see various means, like what are the normal effects of each planet in each house, whether the planets in question are friendly or inimical to each-other etc...but a more concrete discussion would help.

Thanks.

Namste sm78,
before one can answer, what are the 3 graha's? In which house ( bhava) and which sign? and what of the Lagna... There are specific rules for 2,3,4,5, etc graha's in a rasi and when they come to fruition. Hence knowing the dasa periods ( Vimshottari and Narayan) are of importance too.

Having them in a dharma house is different then a Kama house. Having them in ther 9th vs. the 6th will make all the difference in the world.
And - this is more then you are asking, they may be in the 9th from the lagna, but the 5th from the Paka Lagna... all of great import.

Paka lagna is the house that holds the Lagna lord. Say ones lagna is Scorpio, that would be me. Mars, co-owner of Scorpio, resides in the 12 house ( Moksha rasi). Hense the 12 house is now called the Paka Lagna ( this would be Libra) , and the evaluation of the natal chart is also consider considered from a Libra ascendent - it does not replace the Scorpio ascendent, yet is another point of consideration for the wise Jyotishi.

pranams.

sm78
18 June 2007, 10:38 AM
The planets are Mars, Venus and Saturn.
Bhava is 5th.
Lagna is Aeries

It's all to do with Kama for sure and doesn't sound good as well, hence wanted to understand for myself.

yajvan
18 June 2007, 02:32 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

Bhava is 5th. Lagna is Aeries

It's all to do with Kama for sure and doesn't sound good as well, hence wanted to understand for myself.

Namaste sm78,
Let me point out just a few things in the 5th bhava, a very good house. It is a Trine ( the 5th and 9th houses are trines, and many a school believe the 1st house is also a trine).

Side note for those following along:
Trines or 1st, 5th and 9th houses one would find the blessings of Lakshmi - hence prosperity. In this case we are talking the 5th house from the lagna, and therefore a trine as related to one's self ( the lagna); Dharma is found in the trines 1st, 5th and 9th. Now what advances or retards this prosperity in one's chart? This is the influence of the graha's ( and upa-graha's) Thus the question at hand.

We also have:
Kendra's or quadrants - the 1st, 4th, 7th and 10th houses - blessings of Sri Vsnu can be found here; Sri Vsnu sustains this universe , hence these houses show sustenance and vitality for the native
Upachaya's - the 3rd, 6th, 10th, and 11th houses - Growing houses of improvement over time - indicated gains and growth
Dusthana's - the 6th, 8th and 12th houses - some obstacles, yet 6th is house of service, 8th and 12th are moksha houses.
Argula stana's - will leave this for another time

back to sm78's question

The 5th house has much to do with learning, children, love, affection and authority, mantra's and the like. It also indicates bhakti. Jupiter is the karaka of the 5th. So one would ask where is the karaka in the chart?

Venus in the 5th - the karaka for affection and love ( lots of other things too) is in a trine. Mars signifies authority and power , and it too is in the trine, the 5th house, and in your chart, Leo , owned by Surya. Hence the Sun is dispostor and owner of the 5th, where is this sun in your chart?

Now, Saturn is the karaka for hard work and many know for Sani indicates grief, but also spiritual practice of sticking to ones tapas.

Graha's in the 5th influence the ascendant -As one looks to planets in the 5th, some Jyotishi's give results for planets in the 1st ( lagna). Why is this? Argula. Graha's in the 5th have argula-influence on the lagna which is in trine (or 9th) to the Lagna. Having Mars in the 5th and with Argula back to his own sign is a good thing and shows strength. Are there any graha's in the 1st house? this will give other clues as to its influence or blemish. That is, will the agrula of the 5th house cause obstruction to the planet in the 1st, like Jupiter, a natural benefic (As Guru and Brihaspiti). As we speak, Guru is in Scorpio and gives rasi dristi ( or sign sight) to Aries.

So, knowing who is in the 1st house is important, and the location of Sun (Atmakaraka) is also important to determine the overall influence.

The 5th lord (sun) placed in the 1st is a boon for the native, In this case a most favorable position for intelligence. AND sun is exalted in Aries as we have discussed ( the first 10 degrees). If the Sun is on the 2nd house, do you have a strong desire for wealth? in the 9th, a strong desire for dharma?

The 5th house also indicates children. Do you have children? is there a good relationship with them. Since we cannot see what is happening with the 7th house and the Navamsama chart, it is difficult to infer marriage and the fruit of marriage, children.

5th house also indicates mantra shastra. As we look to Mantra pada or the Arudha of the 5th house ( another new concept for this discussion). As you are a sadhu , the Mantra pada is of importance to you, with regard to mantra use.

With the 3 graha's in the 5th, I do not see natural dusthana's there. One would argue Mars as a natural malefic owner of the 8th house ( a dusthana is 3rd, 6th, 8th, or 12th) but Mars , Magala is your lagna lord and no harm come from Him.

Yet saturn there, you will experience of did experience some delays in education? or spiritual practices? Yet saturn brings diligence and the ability to focus one's attention for long periods of time... nice for students and during the right dasa period, excellent for tapas, and upasna. Yet Saturn and Sun are not friends and Saturn is in Leo owned by sun.
One notes that Saturn is exalted ( Libra) where sun is debilitated ( Libra).
Side note - Sani (saturn) retuns to Leo in a few weeks - that is sankrati (or transit) to Leo occurs July 15th [ ~ 9 PM CST].

Having Saturn with Venus - has there ben delayed relationships that you expected to advance at a different pace?
There are another things that can be said, but are of a personal nature when one sees Saturn+Venus+Mars combined and will not be alluded to in HDF's open forum.

And - where is our friend Rahu , the natural badaka in all this? Is he associated with the 5th ( by aspect, rasi or graha dristi?).

All this comes into play, not to mention - NOT ONE STEP can be taken into ones chart, into a full understanding of Jyotish, without looking at one's varga charts. IF ONE DOES NOT inform you of this, without considering looking at the D9, D10, D24, D30, etc. charts, one should pick up their feet and run the other way.

pranams,

Arvind Sivaraman
18 June 2007, 11:08 PM
Bhava is 5th.
Lagna is Aeries

Om Shirdi Sai Ram.
Namaste sm78.

1)The combination of Mars and Venus , particulary if it is in the same degree indicates a person who will be a warrior and immoral.
2)The combination of Mars and Saturn (if in the same degree)indicates a person who will be despised by friends and relatives.He will not be truthful.
3)The combination of Venus and Saturn (if in the same degree)indicates a person who will be of an imaginative mind.

For Lagna Aries , the primary determinant planets are Sun and Mars.
The worst malefic is Ketu.The next malefic is Mercury.

For analysis purpose, the Date of Birth,Time of Birth and Place of Birth
is necessary.

sm78
19 June 2007, 05:42 AM
Thanks Yajvan Ji for pointing me to more deeper points to look at. I will use your post to analyze my horoscope more deeply. It provides a wonderful learning opportunity.

What Arvind Ji has pointed out contains some of the statements I have been warned against by a professional astrologer. Though I have not seen these -ve aspects manifest yet in my life, things are their to keep the guard up against. All the 3 planets are somewhat separated in degree's. Mars is at 22:47:22, Venus 7:15:01 and Saturn 4:53:18. It seems if Saturn has any impact, it will be on Venus and not Mars ??

About malefic Ketu...it is marked as Multrikona in my horoscope and is in the 12th house.

Thanks to both of you again.

yajvan
19 June 2007, 10:59 AM
Hari Om
~~~~~~

Thanks Yajvan Ji for pointing me to more deeper points to look at. I will use your post to analyze my horoscope more deeply. It provides a wonderful learning opportunity.

What Arvind Ji has pointed out contains some of the statements I have been warned against by a professional astrologer. Though I have not seen these -ve aspects manifest yet in my life, things are their to keep the guard up against. All the 3 planets are somewhat separated in degree's. Mars is at 22:47:22, Venus 7:15:01 and Saturn 4:53:18. It seems if Saturn has any impact, it will be on Venus and not Mars ??

About malefic Ketu...it is marked as Multrikona in my horoscope and is in the 12th house. Thanks to both of you again.

Namaste sm78,
Yes, some of the things suggested are from books, verbatiam.. for me, it is unwise to offer these statements until a full review of one's chart is there. I respect Arviind's contribution, yet reserve my judgement as a patient Jyotish sisya.

As you said you did not experience the blemish suggested of Mars-Venus, and Mars Saturn... Why so?
For several reasons:
1. Mars owns the lagna, and Saturn owns the 10th. We now have a trine and and a kendra lord, residing in a trine - this is a good thing!

2. The coming of fruition of these effects - needs to be viewed from Vimshottari dasa and from Narayana dasa systems. This needs to be looked at.

3. One MUST consider the Atmakaraka of the chart... to offer consultation without this is unwise. Hence my continued recommendation is a full look of the all graha's is needed. To make any prediction before looking at the AK as we call is , is a mistake.

4. Ketu is in a moksha house - this is a beautiful thing for one seeking spiritual development. Now , per Jaimini, one needs to see where Ketu is in the 1/9th divisional chart - the Navamsa, also called the Dharmamsa division. This will also give more insight. Also note that Ketu co-lords the 8th house ( another moksha house ) that is co-lorded with your lagna lord.

5. What houses are the 3 graha's in from the Aruda Lagna and the Paka lagna?

6. Are the degree's you have stated from a Western construction of one's birth chart? IF so, we sould start again for accuracy and construct it to Niryana Ayanamsa.

7. What is Jupiter doing & Chandra? The guru of the chart and owner of aksha tattva, expanstion, the most sattvic graha of the 9 panets. What is expanding? good or grief? And Chandra? how is the mind being affected by all this activity?

8. Where is Sun? The tripod of any chart/kundali is the Lagna + Sun + Moon.... to consider your chart without these graha's weighing in is not prudent.

My recommendation - any 'blemishes' that one sees are personal and not for public display unless you are ok with this... this is very personal stuff. One needs to look at the total chart... to just look at 3 planets is to drive ones car blind-folded into traffic - how successful will you be getting to your destination?

Last - if one is looking at yoga's of 3 planets , consider Brihajatakam of Varaha Mirya; Aspects in Vedic Astrology by Pandit Gopesh Kumar Ojha; Jataka Paraijata by Vaidyanatha Dikshita; last one cannot forget Sanjay Rath's Crux of Vedic Astrology for insights of a Jyotishi from a long tradition.

Extra credit reading is Practical Vedic Astrology - by G.S Agarwal, and Jaimini Sutras, by Jaimini

dhanyavadah