PDA

View Full Version : Krpa or Grace

yajvan
18 June 2007, 05:04 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~

He who finds a thought, that enables him to obtain a slightly deeper glimpse into the eternal secrets of nature has been given great grace. - Albert Einstein

Einstein was a very spiritual man... many of his insights were cognitions on how this universe works.

When we think of 'grace' - I think of krpa ~ grace or favor; It is also called anugraha, and 3 types. If there is more, please add to the post:

Sadhana kripa (some write krpa) - that is, from ones own practice and insights open up to the native, from one's effort.
Guru kripa - from the teacher(s) one is favored to have in ones life - and the insights that are afforded to one by word of mouth, shakti-put or the like.
Divya kripa - or Divine grace and the touch from Him/Her in ones life - from the heart or swelling of emotion , bhakti, or from the intellect or insight, cogntion, etc. Some say Anubhava or the cause of the essense of bliss (which I have yet to experience).Have you others ? Are there other vehicles of grace and favor you have read or considered? I was thinking of the grace of one's parents. It seems more on the physical level of care and giving to the child, yet I could be incorrect...

sm78
19 June 2007, 07:00 AM
I regard that kripa of ancestors to be a principle one in one's life on this plane.

Regarding Divya Kripa, rather than swelling emotions of bhakti, it is the right interaction of our inner bodies and intellect with advanced souls in astral, mental and supra mental plains that I put by faith on.

We live with most of our awareness in this bhu-loka, however we are ever present and interacting with souls in both higher and lower lokas. Its our action and thought that decides whom we get as our companions in these lokas. Hence right thought and action is so important a criterion for obtaining 'divine grace' so to say.

The above point is explained beautifully in writings of sivaya subramuniaswami and shaktibad swami. I believe it to be the esoteric aspect of divine grace.