PDA

View Full Version : Atlantis

Singhi Kaya
15 April 2006, 04:30 AM
I think it was an hi-tech and at the same time highly spiritual hindu civilization which sank to the buttom of the sea.

What do U think?

Nekozuki, free feel to use this thread to divert to the topic on Islam or some such stuff!

nekozuki
15 April 2006, 10:31 AM
I think it was an hi-tech and at the same time highly spiritual hindu civilization which sank to the buttom of the sea.

What do U think?

Nekozuki, free feel to use this thread to divert to the topic on Islam or some such stuff!

Thank you Singhi. I tend to go with my dreams of it and Edgar Cayce's readings, I find him very interesting. If you look at flood stories from different cultures there was some kind of civilization before the flood. Even Native Americans have a flood story and say that their home sunk into the Sunrise Sea ( which is the Atlantic), but these are only a few East Coast tribes. The Guanches who were a tribe of blond haired, blue eyed people on the Canary Islands also said they were evacuees from the home that sank in the sea. Recent genetic discoveries found that the Iroquois tribe of the East coast of America and the Guanches and the Berbers of Spain, and even some people from the British Isles share a DNA group of unknown origin called Haplogroup X. This DNA group is only found on both sides of the Atlantic Ocean. Do we really need to go to the bottom of the ocean to find this place?........... As far fetched as this sounds, remember the truth is stranger than fiction. Why do the Egyptian pyramids align with what Orion's belt looked like in 10,500 BC. Why does the body of the Sphinx have water erosion on it when there hasn't been steady rainfall since the Ice Age, and I doubt aliens built the pyramids and the Sphinx.

Singhi Kaya
15 April 2006, 10:39 AM
For me it has always been difficult to believe that technology in it's present form has only been discovered in a few hundred years while we have been here unchanged for what 50,000 years? Doesn't quite add up. So I can make sense of your dream, but haven't read Mr Cayce:o

nekozuki
15 April 2006, 10:48 AM
The latest discoveries now say modern humans like us have been around for 200,000 years and even some suspect 2 million years. So we've been here all this time and just now making this kind of technology. Atlantis didn't revolve around ipods or television. They relied on crystals more than anything else. There's even a theory going around that Atlantis went to war with the Rama Empire of India. Very interesting.

nekozuki
17 April 2006, 08:42 PM
Another point that I forgot to add in is that if you look at Plato's texts closer about where he describes where Atlantis was, he's accurately describing the Atlantic Ocean. Something about if you passed Atlantis you would get to another continent that surrounded the true ocean.

pratardana
14 May 2006, 01:17 PM
exactly the same thing that i read in the atributetohinduism website, at least i think so, a little farfetched but interesting nevertheless.
the story apperently goes like :the 2 civilizatons of rama and atlantis fought against each other over a period of time with the rama empire comprising the whole north indian region and other areas of the world especially centered around 8 great cities ruled by enligtened rishis, and that in the final battle both the civilizations were destroyed by the use of brahmastram i.e nuclear weapons, which resulted in the destructon and (maybe) consequent sinking of the atlantis 'bhogol' by the rama empire's attack and the rama empire's cities and civilization being destroyed by the atlantis attack. a further speculation is that mordern human history has picked up pieces from after this aftermath.
would be real neat if some truth actually existed in this contention.:D

Znanna
14 May 2006, 04:34 PM
I came across this article yesterday, whilst searching on Ganesha and Skanda ...

http://www.atlan.org/articles/navajos/

Love,
ZN

nekozuki
14 May 2006, 04:56 PM
Well, there is some speculation that the Bahama Bank was Atlantis. Other theories point to the Mid Atantic Ridge and the Celtic Shelf. But so far the Bahama and Bimini area are the only places that look promising. People are pretty much abandoning the Mediterranean theory since it really doesn't go with what Plato said. There are parts in the Ramayana that suggest the civilization was more advanced than what it should be. We all know speculation surrounding vimanas. So it's possible that there is a history that is "forgotten".

pratardana
14 May 2006, 07:45 PM
can you elaborate on the relevant ramayana parts, also would like to know if it is possible that the lost parts of the vedas e.g, the lost khandas of the yagurvedas among others could have been lost during this time, this is just a speculation but a possibility nevertheless.

nekozuki
14 May 2006, 08:05 PM
I'm not well versed in the Ramayana, but I have read parts of it. What I find interesting is the mentioning of aerial cars. Now we know it doesn't mean car as in a modern term. Just the name of some kind of vehicle. I didn't know that there were missing parts of the Vedas, that's interesting.

pratardana
15 May 2006, 12:47 AM
absolutely, the yajurveda for example was supposed to have divisions numbering around 40 something not exactly sure, but only 4 survive today, promiment among them being krishna yajurveda and shukla yajurveda. also i have heard that the evdas that we have with us are a reduced part of their original size, am not exactly sure of what else is missing.

nekozuki
15 May 2006, 07:13 PM
Don't really know if that would have happened in the Atlantean time or not. A number of things could have happened to those Vedas. Enemies perhaps?

pratardana
15 May 2006, 10:31 PM
dont exactly agree to that. for the vedas were given a written form only in recent times, so much so that the process was contemporary to the process of hindu revival under the auspices of the sungas and guptas.
and as far as i know the vedas that were written down are what we have now, barring some parts. so the vedas would have to be lost in a previous period, and in such a previous period there were no substantial threats to hiduism , also all its organs were more or less functional. but this is all speculation, maybe some parts were lost during the muslim aggresion and some were lost to the christians.

nekozuki
16 May 2006, 10:41 PM
I think India has been civilized longer than modern archaelogy says. India is very advanced on its spiritual thinking.;)