PDA

View Full Version : Movies?

satay
20 June 2007, 02:05 AM
any one seen any good (hindi) movies lately?

atanu
20 June 2007, 09:26 AM
any one seen any good (hindi) movies lately?

Namaste Satay,

Oh, I saw all the Pirate and Shrek movies sitting with my daughters. I don't know whether you will call them good movies or not. But I liked the unique pirate hero.

Oh, sorry, you asked about hindi movies.

Om

sm78
20 June 2007, 09:53 AM
The new SRK's DON was not bad at all ... :)

saidevo
20 June 2007, 10:31 AM
In the company of a close friend (who still pursues this interest) I watched Hindi movies during my college and career days in the seventies and eighties. My favourite actors were Sanjiv Kumar and Jaya Bhaduri! We recorded classic and old Hindi songs in cassettes and used to listen to them and go gaga about them for the tune, voice and music, though we knew little of their meanings!

As for English movies, I do watch what seems good ones to me. Recently, it was 'The Transporter' that I liked for its action and scenes. Most James Bond movies are my favourites, besides movies such as 'The Sixth Sense' of Manoj Knight Shyamalan. In addition, I liked all the Harry Potter movies (and books) I watched (and read). The list of favourites extends to Hitchcock, Indian Jones series and the sci-fi movies such as Star Wars and the Matrix series.

Bhairava108
21 July 2007, 01:00 AM
The Apu Trilogy is probably one of my favorite Hindi Films actually its a Bengali Movie its a pretty old B/W movie but very good!!! the series includes Pather Panchali(song of the little road), Aparajito, Apur Sansar(the world of Apu) its about Apu a young Bengali boy and his family and how he grows up and has a family of his own! he and his family face lots of Hardships and tragedys but also enjoy happy times. its a very good well done movie good acting great story lines and plots I deffinatly recomend this.