PDA

View Full Version : Arudha - Pada Lagna Correction

yajvan
01 July 2007, 10:57 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~~

Namaste,
For those that read the Arudha - Pada Lagna post in this folder, a correction was done today. The Examples given 2 and 3, where reversed.
This has been corrected. If you are considering this calculation for your borth chart, please re-read the instuctions for the Exceptions, as they are now in order.

thank you,

yajvan
05 July 2007, 10:34 AM
Hari Om
~~~~~~

Just to insure continunity:
This was an post from Arvind regrading the 8th house post...
This is specifically to correct any rule that was appiled to the Aruda Lagna Calculation - more for the Jyotishi's on HDF.

Namaste Arvind,(et .al)

Where is the issue? Not on your side, and apologies for any confusion caused. My edits did not take, I thought were corrected, did not occur in
http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/sho...3124#post13124 (http://www.hindudharmaforums.com/showthread.php?p=13124#post13124)

So, this AM, I went back and made the changes AND color coded the 4th and 10th house in red to insure (convenience myself) that the edits were done, and checked with Jaimini's instructions. [ perhaps having multiple windows open while editing was my error]

Venus is in the Lagna... the AL then is the 10th from it. How so?
We count from the Lagna sign to it's lords postion. In this case its 1, Venus in Libra, And we end up in Lagna, which is to be rejected. So per the exception rule below, AL is 10th from it, or Cancer. 3rd house from AL [Cancer] in Gandhi's chart = Virgo.

So , here's the rule below ( note 10th and 4th in red) my signal the edit was made.

Exceptions: There a few exceptions to this rule given by Jaimini muni:
A. The AL cannot end up in the 1st house, or the original Langa nor can it end up in the 7th house from the original lagna
B. If when doing the calculation , the AL comes to the Lagna, this is to be rejected, and the AL is the 10th house from the Lagna.
C. If when doing the calculation , the AL comes to the 7th house, that is to be rejected, and the 4th house from the Lagna is considered the AL.

pranams,

Arvind Sivaraman
06 July 2007, 12:30 AM
Om Shirdi Sai Ram.
Namaste Yajvan.

Thank you for the correction and clarity provided.
If you could throw some light on Hora Lagna and Ghati Lagna it would be nice.

yajvan
06 July 2007, 11:21 AM
Om Shirdi Sai Ram.
Namaste Yajvan.

Thank you for the correction and clarity provided.
If you could throw some light on Hora Lagna and Ghati Lagna it would be nice.

Yes, lets take a look at these special lagnas ( Lagnam = 'attached to') ...here's a start.
We will use Mahatma Gandhi's data below as a practical example , after laying out the pariculars.

CREATED SEPERATE POST: HORA LAGNA , GHATIKA LAGNA

data eka räma bhikäri sari duniyä - the giver is the one Rama, the world is a beggar.

pranams,