PDA

View Full Version : What do we want?

satay
11 July 2007, 03:39 PM
namaskar,

In this ready made, hurried, microwave soceity what do we want from GOD?

Many times we pray for material things, for a son, for wealth...we light a simple 10 c light, maybe drop 25 cents in the drop box at the temple and ask for things that might be worth millions. Then when we don't get our wishes fulfilled, we may become angry at GOD for not listening to us and following our orders.

I have heard many times from people that they prayed for such and such, performed fasts, performed dana, puja, etc. still their wishes were not fulfilled.

I think that people forget the law of karm is at play. How can you light a lamp and ask for the world and get angry if you don't get it all the while ignoring your karm?

This is human nature I suppose. Why get mad at GOD, why not try to understand the law?

Thoughts?

yajvan
11 July 2007, 07:06 PM
Hari Om
~~~~~~

namaskar,

In this ready made, hurried, microwave soceity what do we want from GOD? Thoughts?

Namaste Satay,

Its an interesting topic and one I believe many have a POV. I think the notion of 'wanting' from Him/Her sets up a shop keeper relationship. One of bargining. You give me this and I will do that. Then when it is not fulfilled one has difficulty with the Divine.

We look for His dispensation on items, as if we expect Him to be the genie in the bottle. For me, and where I am at in my development, I choose not to view the Divine in this manner.

As I see it, all 'this' has been given to you, it is all here for you. One just needs to understand how one gets into this harmony to see its all yours aleady. What is there to gain if it is all you to begin with? The wisdom of the Upanisads guides us here on this Bhuma, this Brahm, Greatness and ever expanding nature, this fullness of Being.

Swami Vivekananda muni informs us,
All the Powers of the Universe are Already Ours,
It is We Who Have Put Our Hands Before Our Eyes and Cry that it is Dark!

To gain without earning , the value is lost and we are lesser people for it.
We look to Him and 'say make it so.' Yet it is within our own being to do it ourselves. Yet we have to earn the ability to do this.

So begins ones unfoldment to to live the fullness. What is this itch we have , this natural defsire for the Infinite?
It is hard wired in our nervous systems, to reach for more, and He/Her is more then the most.

We are continually trying to regain the lost memory of our true SELF - that is what is called life - Swami Ashokananda

pranams,