PDA

View Full Version : Sharing of Personal Information

satay
18 April 2006, 02:09 PM
admin hat on
namaste everyone,

Please note that this a public forum and as such it is recommended that you not share any personal information on any of the forums on this site. The forums are not only accessible to members and public but also being indexed by the various bots on the internet for their search engines.

If you share your personal information even your last name etc. and post int in the forums here no one knows where that information will end up and how it may be used. HinduDharmaForums as an entity can not be responsible for any damages or any problems that you may encounter as a result of sharing your personal information on this site.

I advise you all to please not post any personal information anywhere on the site.

thank you for your attention.

admin hat off

Singhi Kaya
19 April 2006, 07:27 AM
are PM's also indexed by those nasty 8-legged freaks (crawlers) ??:confused:
I saw one of it's incarnations going through indexes of this site silently~feels weird.

Namo Narayana
19 April 2006, 08:10 AM
how did u see ? I dont think pms will be cached. coz it requires login.

Singhi Kaya
19 April 2006, 08:33 AM
I dont think pms will be cached. coz it requires login.
Good.

how did u see ?
It was in those good old days (a week or so back actually) when Satay had not yet disabled the who is online feature. Bored at work I clicked on the feature to see only myself and a strange creature crawling the site. It had no join date against it's name and it's name was "Google Spider" or something like that.

Vajradhara
20 April 2006, 01:57 PM
Namaste all,

we've had that same thing at the Comparative-religion website.

you may want to contact our webmaster, Brian, for his solution to this.

metta,

~v

satay
20 April 2006, 04:36 PM
Actually I do want the bots to crawl the site and index it and that's a good thing. The bots can not access any pages that require password access; this means that the PM's are not indexed and neither are other areas of the forums that are password protected or are not open to public.

Singhi Kaya
20 April 2006, 05:09 PM
:confused: what are other areas that are password protected apart from PM areas?
Are you keeping secrets here? doh....could be some admin areas..:rolleyes:

satay
20 April 2006, 11:47 PM
Yes, there are forums that are not open to guests or members. These forums are used by admins/mods for testing, posting things about troublesome members and such...:)

Believer
17 August 2010, 09:20 PM
>>> Reviving the thread for NEW MEMBERS >>>

Eastern Mind
17 August 2010, 10:23 PM
Vannakkam Believer: Smart move. Thanks for the reminder.

Aum Namasivaya

Ao
26 August 2010, 04:43 AM
With this in mind, is there a way to alter my log-in/handle without changing my account?

Believer
29 January 2011, 04:57 PM
>>> Bumped up for the benefit of new members!
-